Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would assume these are best for the summer similar to a linen shirt but I have a couple of linen sport shirts (short sleeved) and while the fabric weight would be greater in the pants than the shirts the shirts wrinkle both quickly and badly. are the pants the same way? I hate having a series of wrinkles behind my knees while standing I think that looks like hell. Does anyone have any experiences and does anyone make wrinkle resistant linen pants ??

· Registered
780 Posts
Some colors tend to look worse than other wrinkled I find whereas some actually get enhanced(that charm that Buster Brown mentioned). So go out to the store, most of the times they'll be wrinkled already when there, see how much you like to tolerate. And if you're buying white, remember to get them thick enough and wear white undies ;).

· Registered
1,343 Posts
Some of the charm of linen is its wrinkled look.

However you will find better linens will look better while wrinkled simply because it drapes better.

Another option is to get a linen/cotton or linen/silk mixture. It has some of the charm of linen but with less wrinkling.

Perry

· Registered
1,458 Posts
Linen is one fabric where lighter is not an improvement. Heavy linen rumples rather than wrinkles, and looks much better.
Agreed! I love linen and my experience is that lighter weight linen trousers do indeed wrinkle behind the knees and that can cause some discomfort when sitting . My two pairs of trousers from Charles Tyrwhitt do that. I have a pair of linen trousers from Orvis which are a heavy weight linen and they are some of the most comfortable trousers I own.

· Registered
1,304 Posts
Linen is one fabric where lighter is not an improvement. Heavy linen rumples rather than wrinkles, and looks much better.
I agree with these sentiments as I have found that in an extremely humid hot climate they wear better eg Sydney in Summer. Its gets in the late 30c with about 80% and above humidity.

While in flat hot dry conditions, 42c and above I have always worn lighter weight linen trousers and shirts.

And your right about the rumple effect it does look better than being disheveled.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.