Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having enjoyed the original over the past two years, it is with immense interest to tune into the US version of this show. Dramatically the first show was surprisingly good. Harvey Keitel was impeccable, mind you not as hard or over the top in Bad Lieutenant, but this is prime time TV.

Oddly enough I though it was a great rendition because some UK to US translations haven't worked, who remembers the US Cracker!

What was a blast was the fashion of the times as teenager one longed for a jacket with those aircrafcarrier lapels which you could land a jumbo jet on. And flares and platform shoes.OMG :eek:

One thing was the early 70's the time of polyester? I don't know how the show has affected youth fashion in the US but I noticed when the British version was on TV a wave of 70's retro fashion was considered hip amongst the inner city in crowd in Sydney.

Another thing is its going to be interesting to see what the music sound track is in this version.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Ashes to Ashes hasn't arrived on the box yet but one thing about the US life on Mars.

Robots?

Hmm either way its different but similar. Mind you this was only the second episode.

·
Registered
Tie
19,960 Posts

I think within the next couple of years or so we will be able to communicate and even socialize with AI robots including Sophia The Robot, Have you guys seen her before, she was on the Jimmy Fallon show a couple of weeks ago.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
Alas, if Sophia were allowed to whisper sweet nothings in my ear on the pillow at night, she would expect to take "long, hot showers with me in the morning" and that could prove positively disastrous! LOL. ;)

·
Registered
Tie
19,960 Posts

And what if you wanted to copulate with one, this here if you haven't already known is Harmony The Sex Robot, she was made by Realbotix. What is your opinion of her? These things have been on the market for about 2 years now.

·
Registered
Tie
19,960 Posts
A sex robot brothel was slated to open in Houston, but city council denied the licence. Apparently there is one in Toronto...
https://www.thedailybeast.com/houston-lawmakers-aim-to-block-first-us-sex-robot-brothel

Really weird.
Hey if it's not bothering anyone so why the hell not? They claim you could get an STD from them? It's only plastic and they probably cleanse the dolls thoroughly after each use and plus it probably won't hurt a relationship, it's harmless. The prices they ask for, a bit expensive, $90 for an hour and $200 for a few hours, If you got the money so go for it.

·
Inactive
1,569 Posts
Hey if it's not bothering anyone so why the hell not? They claim you could get an STD from them? It's only plastic and they probably cleanse the dolls thoroughly after each use and plus it probably won't hurt a relationship, it's harmless. The prices they ask for, a bit expensive, $90 for an hour and $200 for a few hours, If you got the money so go for it.
If someone is that desperate, I would suggest using Pam, for the human touch.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.