Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had "okay" results with worsteds, but I'm not so sure it will work with other fabrics. Basically, my question is:

Can sleeves made of wool flannel or camel hair be let down, or will the crease be impossible to get rid of?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
on most natural fabrics it works just fine. sometimes there are problems.

excessive wear on the bottom edge.
soil on that bottom edge.
excessive creasing [pressing] on the edge.
on camel hair and other cloths with a heavy nap. the nap may be worn away. this can happen on relatively new garments.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, unfortunately, thanks to my freakisly long arms, I need a good three quarters of an inch.

The lady I'm going to take the jacket usually does a real good job, but I don't know if she knows how to handle camel hair. Are there any specific instructions I could give her (like maybe pressing the sleeves inside out, etc.)?

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It came out great. The original crease is barely perceptible, and only if you're looking for it. I expect that after it's brushed and cleaned you wouldn't be able to tell even if you are looking for it.

I was a little worried when the lady refused to measure the sleeves, but it came out perfect. Probably luck more than skill, but who cares.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.