Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Brussels the other week, and they have an incredible strip of high-end stores. One of which, Ralph Lauren, stocked some amazing leather trainers - black, for 325 euros.

The salesman had originally told me they were 225 euros, and I liked them so much I decided to buy them. However, he was mistaken, and I had to let them pass.

I believe they were made in Italy, and I'd never really felt that kind of quality in a trainer before. They were plain, all black, and had what seemed like leather laces, too. They were very well put together; I remember expressly thinking, "These would be really, really easy to keep clean".

And indeed, they were made in such a way where they would always look new - the way they folded over when walking, and how the material bounced back. I'd really love to own a pair, and I hoped I might be able to find them online for a lesser price, but I can't even find a mention of them!

The leather was really, really soft also, and when I tried them on, they were super comfortable. I was hoping maybe people could share their 'formal sneakers' in this thread, and also post where you bought them, or maybe where a good place would be to look for something like this.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I got a pair of Church's trainers in leather (surprise, surprise) early this year, £165 (€188). They are available in leather and suede.

Both Selfridges and Harrods stock Church's so well worth a look when you are shopping for a coat. Although, I do not recall seeing them in Selfridges on Saturday. Maybe go the Church's shop in Jermyn St (although I got mine from Chancery Lane, Holborn).

I will post a picture or find a link of a picture, if I can.

If I see them for really cheap in January, say £70-80; I will buy 3/4 pairs. I remember in the summer Church's had some trainers on sale for half-price (on sale for £80) but not these ones.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I was hoping maybe people could share their 'formal sneakers' in this thread, and also post where you bought them, or maybe where a good place would be to look for something like this.
I have no idea what this could be or be used for. Perhaps they are of use by gym teachers or sports coaches.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both Selfridges and Harrods stock Church's so well worth a look when you are shopping for a coat. Although, I do not recall seeing them in Selfridges on Saturday. Maybe go the Church's shop in Jermyn St (although I got mine from Chancery Lane, Holborn).
I will certainly be on the look out, and I look forward to seeing your pair if you can find a pic.

I have no idea what this could be or be used for. Perhaps they are of use by gym teachers or sports coaches.
I wear trainers in my day to day - I have 8 pairs actually, though they're not all particularly smart, and none of them will last very long.

The pair I saw at RL would work very well in smart-casual situations, and it was their maintainability which really gauged my interest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.