Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Would you ever wear that? I saw a Hermes one it cost more then 500 euros if I can remember.
It would, it's Hermes. Perhaps a fun use for it would be to wear it as a belt, Sinatra style. Kind of a waste of kidskin or goatskin to make a tie, though.

I can't look at a leather tie without thinking of some comic book serial killer who made his victims into ties.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
These are the ties that bind.
Soft suede maybe, with jamgood's combo.
But when I learned to tackup driving horses I
set the checkline far to tight on a set of light harness.
My mentor strippped the tack, placed it ON MY NECK and checked me.
I felt the cutting of leather into flesh, my windpipe constricted and my spinal column ache.
Then his life partner, or whatever prop 8 demands we call gay partners, walked out with lunch on a serving plate, took one look and said " well, in 40 years together you never tried that with me."

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Kav's gotta flaming S&M coach&4 "mentor"!? Sodom and Gomorrah, Kal-eee-phone-ya 90210! ROFLMMFAO, not that aye normally find it necessary to revert to urban expletives, being a wannabe cybergent jus lak --------------------.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
I do think I would have to pass on the option to wear a leather tie. Leather is a wonderful material for making belts, shoes...whips(?)! However a leather tie just seems to be a bit too far out there.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sadly, I must admit to owning a very skinny leather tie in the 80's. I think the inspiration must have been either The Romantics (the pop group famous for "What I Like About You" & "Talking in Your Sleep") or a bad John Hughes movie. Seemed hip at the time--seems shameful now!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.