Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like a lightweight business casual waist level leather jacket; have not bought one in over 15 years, what styles do you suggest? (I've got a black leather blazer which sits mid thigh) Thinking I could wear with slacks mostly but also jeans too.

I was thinking a suede with a standup collar (two button closure at top) but wondering if I should get the standard collar instead for a slightly more formal look?

· Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Would like a lightweight business casual waist level leather jacket; have not bought one in over 15 years, what styles do you suggest? (I've got a black leather blazer which sits mid thigh) Thinking I could wear with slacks mostly but also jeans too.

I was thinking a suede with a standup collar (two button closure at top) but wondering if I should get the standard collar instead for a slightly more formal look?
I don't know if cost is an issue, but the cost of leather has gotten silly, while at the same time the quality of many hides has decreased. Orivis is a mid-priced retailer with a range of leather coats and jackets. I think some are quite nice. You may wish to investigate their website. And if you can wait, I think you may see quite a few discounted after the holidays.

· Registered
5,152 Posts
If it's waist length go with a classic; the A2 flight jacket.
It's casual, but has very positive associations with the population at large.
Think Gregory Peck in 12 O'clock High vs David Bowie and Major Thom.
If you do go with a flight jacket, buy your true size. These are made to fit tight (your in a cockpit.)

· Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.