Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just sent a request for the Camel and True Navy swatches to get an idea of what they are like. The Khaki selection in my closet is hurting heading into the winter and fall months, so hopefully this becomes an opportunity to add to it.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I ordered a pair yesterday. LE doesn't cuff the flat front--so far, but they do cuff the pleated. What I found interesting was that the pants were purported to be their heaviest chino; I had recently bought a pair of LE's premium chinos; I'm still trying to make up my mind. I figured I'd do a little comparison, though the premiums have a 1.75 cuff.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered a pair yesterday. LE doesn't cuff the flat front--so far, but they do cuff the pleated. What I found interesting was that the pants were purported to be their heaviest chino; I had recently bought a pair of LE's premium chinos; I'm still trying to make up my mind. I figured I'd do a little comparison, though the premiums have a 1.75 cuff.
I noticed the missing option for cuffing the flat fronts as well, I'd imagine the could do that for you if you called it in. At any rate, please keep us posted.

Brian

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I did call it in. No luck; the fellow said the computer would not let him cuff the pants.
Hmph. There goes the neighborhood.

Seriously, though...my alterations girl does a better cuff (with hemmed edges) than LE does. No great loss.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
VWguy,

That's what I thought too. Do they only offer exact lengths in certain styles, with the casual trousers being s,r,l?

By the way, when they said the computer won't do cuffs, did you ask if the sewing machine will? :icon_pale:

·
Registered
688 Posts
my LE winter chinos in camel arrived. Very nice and they did cuff them in response to my phone call. My tailor charges $14 for cuffs, so that brings the price of these khakis down to $22.50. At that price they are a good deal. BTW: Side seams are finished and there is a soft flannel hand to the material.

·
Registered
628 Posts
They refused to cuff mine, told me that in response to customer requests they had agreed to cuff some but had since changed their policy. I was ordering over the phone, and the woman I talked to agreed to talk to their "tech" people. She got back to me and said they chg'd their mind b/c the material was too heavy (I don't know what that has to do w/ it--I cuff my cords), the cuff would come undone and customers would be unhappy... So I took mine unfinished, had my tailor cuff them. Sure enough, 2 of the 4 "tack" stitches came undone on the first washing... So I will have it redone w/ heavier thread and turn them inside out when I wash them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Per their website...

By clicking the "inseam and hemming options" link, on the Chino description page, I found this:

"We cuff or hem Men's, Women's, Boys' and Girls' pants free of charge. Please keep in mind these guidelines:
If you do not specify a cuffing or hemming length, your pants will be delivered unfinished.
Hemming and cuffing add 1-2 days extra processing time.
Remember to allow an extra 1/2 inch (1,5 cm) for shrinkage in 100% cotton items.
Some jeans and corduroy trousers can be hemmed but not cuffed.
As indicated in the charts below, the maximum inseam for cuffed pants is 2 inches less than the maximum for straight hemmed ("uncuffed") pants. This is because creating a cuff requires 2 inches of fabric."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.