Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching for a pair of "goldish" camel wide whale cords for some time and came across these at LE:

To my knowledge, I have never purchased "traditional fit" plants from LE. Do they run very slim...so slim that one might have to buy "up" a size to get a good fit? Any advice is appreciated.

P.S. If the fora has other ideas as to where I should look for similar cords, I am all ears. I am a Bills and Berle fan but have yet to find this color.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
I have found LE pants to be on the large side, and I am usually in need of the extra room.

However, I have dropped quite a big of weight this summer and some of my trousers, LE and otherwise, are now too big. I bought some inbetweener chinos (35 waist) from LL Bean and LE as a stopgap.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Oh, you mean "tailored" fit, yes they do run a little small. I'm not a skinny guy, so I stay away from their tailored fit pants, the one pair I bought, I would have better off going a size up. Try it out, you can always return them.

Brian

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Oh, "tailored," not "traditional." I can wear the former at my usual waist size, at least in a pair of linen trousers that were in the Overstocks a while back. I didn't notice any difference in the rise, but much less fabric in the fanny, which is good as I don't have one.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ooops...my bad. I meant "tailored," not "traditional." Common mistake that happens when one posts in the Trad Forum!:icon_smile_big:

·
Registered
38 Posts
If this help at all, I recently purchased a pair of 34w 30.5l tailored fit cords from lands end and compared them to my beloved 34w 30l brooks brothers Clark fits. They have 1 inch more rise and about one-half inch more room across the groin area (pocket to pocket) than the BB Clark ...

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks, all. Good input.

I may go ahead and order a pair. As Brian pointed out, I can always return them (one of the many reasons to like LE...liberal return policy).

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have been searching for a pair of "goldish" camel wide whale cords for some time and came across these at LE:

To my knowledge, I have never purchased "traditional fit" plants from LE. Do they run very slim...so slim that one might have to buy "up" a size to get a good fit? Any advice is appreciated.

P.S. If the fora has other ideas as to where I should look for similar cords, I am all ears. I am a Bills and Berle fan but have yet to find this color.
I'm about 5'9" and 136 lbs with a 31W. I buy the LE tailored pants when available. They fit perfect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.