Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Surprising you couldn't find it - seems like something that was discussed.

Anyway, as far as I know:

Purple Label
Black Label
Blue Label
Lauren

I think there is a Collection line out there that is believe is between purple and black - I am under the impression that black label suits - despite their expense are fused.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am under the impression that black label suits - despite their expense are fused.
I know this is a really old thread, but for anyone that happens to stumble upon it. I was looking at black labels today in the store and I can assure you the ones I looked at were full canvas. Now I don't know if the ones was looking at were a different type of black label than referenced above. The going price was $1,900 and the pants even had tabs instead of belt loops. I would have considered it at $1,200-$1,500 or so. It was definitely better quality than an 1818 and seemed to be up there wit ha Golden Fleece.

Edit: To be more specific, I think the model types I was looking at were Anthony (based on what I saw on the website just now). If I'm not mistaken, those are manufactured by Caruso in Italy.

·
Registered
13,646 Posts
I know this is a really old thread, but for anyone that happens to stumble upon it. I was looking at black labels today in the store and I can assure you the ones I looked at were full canvas. Now I don't know if the ones was looking at were a different type of black label than referenced above. The going price was $1,900 and the pants even had tabs instead of belt loops. I would have considered it at $1,200-$1,500 or so. It was definitely better quality than an 1818 and seemed to be up there wit ha Golden Fleece.

Edit: To be more specific, I think the model types I was looking at were Anthony (based on what I saw on the website just now). If I'm not mistaken, those are manufactured by Caruso in Italy.
frank0051, my experience has been that Ralph will have a sale sometimes between now and Christmas were you might (if the suits are part of the sale, which they usually are) be able to buy the suit you want for 30% off, plus another 15% off (the salesmen have this extra 15% in their hip pocket - regular customers get sent a card or email that gives it to them, but the salesmen can do it even if you don't have the card, just ask for it); hence, all in, you could save about 40% which would bring the suit right down to your price range. What you might want to do is go back to the store, find an engaged salesperson and tell them that you would want to buy the suit if you could get it on the next sale. He / she - they work on commission - will probably be happy to take your name and number and call you. I've done this on blue label suits and it's worked like a charm. Good luck.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Just to further add to "This Olde Thread", don't forget the "RRL" double-RL line of vintage Americana inspired high price tag stuff. I found in the local GW a pair of khakis from that line which I happily flipped on fleabay. They were very high quality fabric and well made in the USA, but for my own personal $500 I'd rather have three pair of Bill's.

Surprising you couldn't find it - seems like something that was discussed.

Anyway, as far as I know:

Purple Label
Black Label
Blue Label
Lauren

I think there is a Collection line out there that is believe is between purple and black - I am under the impression that black label suits - despite their expense are fused.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.