Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
What about correcting the pleats in your trousers with a Mangle? I turned my trousers in for a mangle but they didn't seem to get much better. Haven't tried a press yet, what is the recommendation?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mangle

My mother had one when I was in HiSchool.It was fabulous. I learned to use it and had the sharpest creases in school. I even learned to do my shirts. I wish I could find one now.

G

·
My mother had one when I was in HiSchool.It was fabulous. I learned to use it and had the sharpest creases in school. I even learned to do my shirts. I wish I could find one now.
The shirts I understand, but your trousers must have been 10 oz because my 14 and 15 oz trousers didn't seem to change much.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ironing

I used them on my jeans, cords dress trou. They made an extremely sharp crease on anything. It was especially nice on bed linens as they came out smooth and nice. My mother had been a maid and her employers had them so we got one.

·
Registered
212 Posts
At Sandhurst we used to send our uniforms to the Guards Depot at Pirbright to be steam pressed - razor sharp creases!

I remember mangles (also called 'wringers' in some parts of the UK), they were used to wring water from wet clothes prior to hanging them on the washing line - never heard of them being used to put creases in trousers or press shirts.

G

·
The plot thickens...

I've seen one with my own eyes! Industrial sized and working my trousers, but it just didn't seem to work very well for my thick trousers. I'll send them to the press next time and see what the fuss is all about.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mangle

Busterdog, you are talking about two different things. The wringers you mean are attached to a wash machine to remove the excess water and predated the automatic washer. A mangle heats and is an iron in a rolling configuration.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.