Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
I am curious as to what your process is after laundering your own clothes, do you iron right out of the machine, then hang, or do you hang everything and iron them before you wear?
Let's see, iron, launder, wear - uh, no, that's not good. :icon_smile_big:

Actually, it's launder, fold loosely, iron, wear. Though some do get folded properly for storage before wear. I've got too darn many to keep them all folded at one time, and not enough room to hang them.

Laundering must be done with good liquid fabric softner. Ironing is with a steam iron and spray bottle to moisten the cotton as I iron it.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I send my shirts out, but my mother always laundered, fully line dried, re-dampened with sprinkling bottle, ironed and hung. I think this was more for efficiency than for any real difference in the shirt. She liked to do all her ironing at once, get it over with and put the board away for the week.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
my mother always laundered, fully line dried, re-dampened with sprinkling bottle, ironed
Exactly what my mother did as well. Her idea of an automated drying process was to dragoon me into gathering in the laundry! Would have considered a tumble dryer a waste of good money.

Though it will be considered heresy by some here, a tumble dryed shirt irons much more easily than one that's line dried.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
If I have the time -- launder, iron, hang, wear. If I'm in a rush, I'll skip the ironing and dry the shirts in the dryer on "delicate," saving the ironing for later.

·
Registered
17 Posts
1. Launder
2. Pull aside when everything else goes into the dryer (prevents ruining the armpit areas over time)
3. If I have time, I iron then hang; If no time, I use a spray bottle and iron before I wear.
4. Wear.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.