Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.hongkongcustomtailor.com

Used these guys for a couple of suits when I was a skinny 26 year old. Was never crazy about the fabrics (I bought the specials), but chunked out of the suits long before they wore out.
Now, 15 years later, thought of them walking by, (as it turns out they moved across the street)
Still made in Hong Kong, but claims much better quality shop: working cuffs, hand button holes, stripes match, hand stitching, full canvass, etc. Says all the right things.
Prices $495 Special limited fabrics (read; old bolt he's trying to get rid of), other wise $695-1295 for the same fabrics everone gets. Will do just about any cut and style variation you can think of including British/Savile Row look. Looking at what he had made up in various styles, I couldnt quite put my finger on it, but semed to lack a certain flair, a touch stiff.

MTM from stock patterns as opposed to bespoke?

Question, other than a slight lack of flair, what am I missing? Where might the workmanship fall short vs spending 2-4 x as much and wait up to a year for delivery.

How about buying one SR suit and having these guys copy it exaclty for all future suits?

Do they truly represnt value in MTM at least?

Showed me some super 160s. Isn't that too delicate? Wrinkle easily?

Any experts had experience with these guys recently?

Cheers

Come on, surely one of you new york dandies has tried these guys once.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.