Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,646 Posts
I met him at a speech he gave about ten years back when he was JP Morgan's economist. His clothes were outstanding: Bold, but thoughtful and worked really well with his personality (and very, very well tailored). He was an absolute gentleman to me and I was just some guy in the crowd he was introduced to after the speech.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I met him at a speech he gave about ten years back when he was JP Morgan's economist. His clothes were outstanding: Bold, but thoughtful and worked really well with his personality (and very, very well tailored). He was an absolute gentleman to me and I was just some guy in the crowd he was introduced to after the speech.
I believe his tailor is Leonard Logsdail.

·
Registered
13,646 Posts
His clothes definitely have a T&A vibe - an interesting blend of classic British tailoring with super-bold colors and pattens.

Only very slightly related, T&A is a wonderful store (the NYC one anyway) to shop in as it manages to have a boutique feel but not make you uncomfortable browsing.

Also, with a historical client list including Winston Churchill and Sean Connery - you feel cool just being in there.

And, of course, there's this awesome sign on the T&A NYC townhouse store:
Building Window Fixture Font Facade

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
His clothes definitely have a T&A vibe - an interesting blend of classic British tailoring with super-bold colors and pattens.

Only very slightly related, T&A is a wonderful store (the NYC one anyway) to shop in as it manages to have a boutique feel but not make you uncomfortable browsing.

Also, with a historical client list including Winston Churchill and Sean Connery - you feel cool just being in there.

And, of course, there's this awesome sign on the T&A NYC townhouse store:
View attachment 21285
I have several T&A shirts, all with classic collars. I regret not purchasing some with Regent collars.

·
Connoisseur - Moderator
9,709 Posts
I used to think he ruined a lot of outfits with that loosely tied "carrot knot." (Even if someone has named it, it doesn't mean the knot looks good.)

Now he is tightening the knots up again; his ties and outfits look fine to me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.