Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a thin guy (38" chest and wear sz. 15.5x34 or 16x34 shirts) and I thought I looked better in slim fit shirts - BB and LE are amongst my favourites. Recently, however, I bought the green uni. stripe full-sleeve shirt in the baggier, traditional fit from LE and I initially disliked the look. However, since I liked the green stripe pattern a lot, I've been wearing it pretty regularly and I have come to love the baggier look. BB regular fit is still way too baggy, but I really like the LE traditional fit now. The collar rolls better than the slim fit too. I'll be replacing my LE slim fits with traditional in the next 2-3 months :)

Anyone else had such a "baggier-is-better" epiphany?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I'm glad to hear it. I love my slim-fit BB OCBD's, and as a short, medium build guy (16.5/32), I suspect the baggier fit wouldn't work for me.

But I'm intrigued, so please feel free to post photos comparing brands/fits in your case!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Someone I always looked up to, sartorially, is a local orthopedic surgeon who always looks like a million bucks. All his clothes are custom, everything's perfect. And his shirts are always that huge, baggy "traditional" fit. Not tapered at all. And it works. I don't know why. I'm really perplexed by the subject. I am planning on having all my shirts tapered so they fit perfectly, but then I remember the best dressed person I know who very carefully chooses not to do this.

What is the true path of wisdom? :confused:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome home!

A slim-fit traditional shirt is an oxymoron. ;)
Maybe this was true fifty years ago, but with the general expansion of american sizes / midsections, seems that some adjustments have to be made in the harsh name of realism. When fit men go looking for the ever-elusive "Small-Tall" size in t-shirts -- but only in the U.S. -- somebody's refusing to face up to the truth...

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just picked up 8 LE traditional fit oxfords. I like the fit but I will get them tapered slightly. The tailored fit LE oxfords are too tight in the shoulders & chest for me. BB traditional fight are cut enormously & I have always hated them as a result.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have worn LE regular fit shirts for a while now. However, the blousiness around the waist is just somehow reminscent of a tutu to me. As I have lost weight, I have come to the realization that I am more in need of the slim fit shirts. On the other hand, I may have just fallen prey to the overwhelming advertising campaigns in men's fashion, which show perfectly proportioned people with everything in its right place.

Not practical in an active everyday way, but still something to aspire to. My next purchases will be of a more tailored cut.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
No photos, alas.

I prefer BB slim-fits -- which certainly aren't Euro-slim, by any means -- because I don't feel like adding 15-20 lbs. to my look with traditional cut shirts.

Signed,

Short slim guy with a thick neck

·
Registered
739 Posts
No photos, alas.

I prefer BB slim-fits -- which certainly aren't Euro-slim, by any means -- because I don't feel like adding 15-20 lbs. to my look with traditional cut shirts.

Signed,

Short slim guy with a thick neck
Joe, I agree with you completely. I have one or two BB Traditional and PRL Blake/Classic fits and the bagginess makes me feel a touch uncomfortable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.