Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How good are these loafers? Anyone own a pair? I bought a pair of LE bluchers (rubber soled, non-welted) last fall when they were on sale and they have become my favourite weekend shoes. Very comfortable and the uppers are holding up nice. I paid $40 for them last fall, can't beat that :)

I want to buy a pair of loafers for causal wear. Apart from Bass/Sebago, what other loafers would you suggest in the $100-$200 range?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
How good are these loafers? Anyone own a pair? I bought a pair of LE bluchers (rubber soled, non-welted) last fall when they were on sale and they have become my favourite weekend shoes. Very comfortable and the uppers are holding up nice. I paid $40 for them last fall, can't beat that :)

I want to buy a pair of loafers for causal wear. Apart from Bass/Sebago, what other loafers would you suggest in the $100-$200 range?
You might look at Alden beefroll penny loafers at:

I guess they are a close out as sizes are limited. I just bought a pair in the only color they had in my size for $145.00.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I just received my shoes. My feet have been rather swollen the past few days, but these shoes are really tight. I don't know which last they are built on, but it surely is not the Barrie. :icon_smile:

I am going to wait a few days and if they are still very tight, exchange them for a wider width.

Maybe someone else has experience with this shoe and can give you a better answer.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Jim, how is the leather on these loafers? I mean, what kind - corrected, full grain etc ... any idea?
Hmm, I think I read that corrected grain is shiny with a bit of a plastic look. If that is so, they are not made of that, and I must confess I don't know what full grain looks like.

I think the leather looks nice, but that does not really answer your question. Sorry for my lack of knowledge - about all I know about shoes is how to polish them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.