Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The question was posed on the Lands End for Sale topic and I thought I'd start a new thread. I just ordered a 120's half canvas suit from them in Khaki Tan. It arrived a few days ago and got it's first wearing this week. I am pleased. Fit is good. I usually do well with suits however as I am a pretty perfect 42R. It's just my waist is a 35 instead of a 36. This is no problem with LE as you can order the pants separate. I have long arms so the sleeves on most coats are just right and I like were the sleeves are on this one.

Most of my other suits are Polo, Jones New York, and other random brands that I pick up at Marshalls. I usually go by fit and fabric and don't pay much attention too much attention to maker.

I do have a 3 button hopsack Blazer I bought from LE a few years ago that's half canvas and it is very soft and a pleasure to wear although it is pretty roomy. The success with that coat prompted my trying one of their suits.

Bottom line: The fabric on this suit is not super silky for a 120 but it's a littler early to tell how the suit is going to break-in. I certainly recommend it to others. At $345 for half canvas with some hand stitching, super 120's fabric, and a pretty classic cut I don't see how you can go wrong.

I also picked up a pair of their new calfskin tassel loafers in brown to go with the suit. Nice fit and finish and a good deal as well. I like Lands End.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.