Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,500 Posts
They look fine, but I've read reports about the durability of LE cashmere and seen the same my wife bought a cashmere crewneck on clearance from Sears at end of season last year, and after 2 wears, the underarms were all pilled. Not too impressive.

I'd buy them for clearance price, but certainly not for over $100.

· Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They look fine, but I've read reports about the durability of LE cashmere and seen the same my wife bought a cashmere crewneck on clearance from Sears at end of season last year, and after 2 wears, the underarms were all pilled. Not too impressive.

I'd buy them for clearance price, but certainly not for over $100.
Thanks for the update. I have several cashmere items from Lands End pre-Sears, and they were very nice for the price. They were all two to four ply, and I don't recall reading any mention of the ply for these vests. Lands End clothing seems to be very hit or miss under current circumstances. Cashmere is a fragile fiber, but your wife's experience is unacceptable.

· Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In fairness, I think it's important to share the relevant portion of Lands End's response to my inquiry regarding the yarn of the these sweater vests. It was, "All of our cashmere is 2-ply, unless otherwise stated. Occasionally we have offered some 3-ply styles."

Of course, there's yarn and then there's yarn, but 2-ply of itself sounds appropraite for this type of vest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.