Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Andy,

I recently read your review of La Rukico custom tailors.

I have been getting suits made by Mr Kelly for over eight years now and I believe the quality / price dimension offered is the best in New York. Otherwise, I’d go elsewhere. I have not felt despair as you suggest… but continue to enjoy the numerous compliments I get on how good I look in La Rukico’s suits!

Furthermore, I would not describe Mr Kelly as a “sartorial snake oil salesman†- quite the opposite. Mr Kelly is a guy (all too rare in New York city) who actually understands that “service†is not a stupid sign on the wall, or a message from a telecommunications company (as you wait on hold for 10 minutes), but something you provide your customers.

I accept the fact that a bench-made suit @ $5,000 could be considered as superior to a La Rukico suit, but I live in New York and only make $100,000, so that’s clearly not an option for me. Nor can I afford hand-lasted shoes @ $2,000. I don’t eat filet mignon washed down with Chateau Lafite every night either. Do I look good in contemporary styles and fabrics? Yes. Do I eat well? Yes.

I think you’ve misunderstood what La Rukico offers. They make custom suits, that fit really well, at the best prices in town. They look great (even though they’re not $5,000 bench made suits), so what’s the problem? I’ve yet to see an off-the-rack suit that comes close to my La Rukico suits, so I’m a happy customer.

Luke

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.