Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Established in 1858 by a Czech family

Knize today carries high quality men and women's ready-to-wear (Konfektionsware) but it is most well-known for its bespoke suits (Maßanzüge). In Style and the Man, Alan Flusser praises the "three-button, side-vented, soft-shouldered house style" of the Knize suit jacket (or Anzug) with its "rounded-off shape".

As Rudolf Niedersüß, Knize's owner, elaborated in a recent interview in Bank Privat Magazin, the Knize cut (Schnitt) is more comfortable and doesn't conform as closely to the body as perhaps some of the Savile Row silhouettes do ("nicht so knapp sitzen wie bei den Briten" und "vielmehr bequemer"). As a practical matter, this enables the Viennese gentleman to store more things in his jacket pockets

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
If the fit on the mannequins is accurate, there definitely isn't much waist suppression in those jackets. It does look like they cut a pretty clean chest, however--no drape to speak of.

Maybe it's my Ebay sack-o-meter going off, but it looks to me like the lapel on those jackets wants to roll through the top button.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Or at least not have ALL buttons on the suit buttoned... Are we sure those are their bespoke suits?

I hope Knize survives, although I don't know if they have much of a clientele anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.