Men's Clothing Forums banner

King Kullen

19K views 170 replies 17 participants last post by  revahS 
#1 ·
I'm not quite sure if this is good news just yet but I will find out when I get there, I have an appointment at a King Kullen supermarket on Thursday at 1130am, not sure if they will take me or not but I hope so. By The Way, That King Kullen used to be Pathmark in 2010 before it went bankrupt a decade ago then The Union had transfered me to Pathmark which is now a Stop N Shop since 2015.

#5 ·
I was in that neighborhood from 2007-2010 then they went bankrupt so The Union had moved me to The Pathmark on Atlantic Avenue which is now a Stop N Shop, The original Pathmark when I was there, I can remember smashing my toenail when I was bringing up carts and then backing a few onto my first toe in December 2007 then after that I needed a podiatrist to fix my nail and after that it healed in about a year, that is one of my bad memories.

#14 ·
Just yesterday I asked for a job application as a cart handler at King Kullen so I filled out the application at home and mailed it in so that maybe I will get a call but who knows when we'll see what happens, it's not easy looking for a job and searching for one. :(

#16 ·
Got some very good news, just got a call from King Kullen about Quarter To 3 today and that must've been the manager I had met at the place, he asked me "Are you still looking for work" and I said to him "Yes I am" then I told him I worked for nearly 15 years altogether as a cart handler at Pathmark which is now a Stop N Shop, he also asked me "They couldn't find anything closer for you", I told him "No, they had nothing except Brooklyn which I was there for 10 years" so he will send my job application in and we'll see what happens if I get an interview or not, like they always say one door closes and another one opens. :)
[HEADING=3] [/HEADING]

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
I got some very good news, I have a talk with The manager at King Kullen on Tuesday The 8th at 10am, hopefully this will put me back in the union once again after being off for a month and a half, The manager called me and asked me "Are you still looking for work" and I replied "Yes I am" then I said "Thank You very much, Mr G." and "I will see you then". :)

#22 ·
I have some good news and bad news, The good news is my job application was approved but the bad news is the store manager gave me a bunch of papers to fill out just to get back right into the union which My Father And I had filled out when I got home and that took about 2 hours to do so, then came the copying of some personal documents for the manager to put into his file then I had to call this number up just to receive a code and that was it, I will bring the papers back to the store manager by Thursday and hopefully by then I hope to be hired. I always thought it was a piece of cake just to get another job, I almost forgot about the papers. Well, at least it's some good news. :)

#23 ·
My Father And I finished all those stacks of papers yesterday, Tomorrow I will bring them in to the store manager and await to see what happens afterwards if he will give me a time and date to start work or give me my schedule or hand me my outfit, I'm so excited and If I am hired then My Father can cancel those unemployment checks that I was supposed to recieve.

#25 ·
Well, I think this will be good news, I handed the stack of papers to the store manager this morning and he looked it over, then he said "Everything looks good so I will process it now and give you a call on the weekend or next week, talk to you then". God gave me a second chance to not mess up, I learned my lesson and I'm glad to go back to the place where I used to work almost 15 years ago. :)

#29 ·
Sunday afternoon and I'm still waiting for the manager to call back, don't know what's going on cause he said that he'd call either Saturday or Sunday, I'm a bit worried so maybe the manager will call before the store closes or maybe I'll get the call tomorrow.

#33 ·
Good News everyone, I start this Thursday, Friday and Saturday for right now as probably a trial period 10-2 (The morning shift) and he said afterwards if the job application happens to come back for some strange reason he will let me know before then so it's official I will see him on Thursday morning, thank you guys for giving me the confidence. :)

#35 · (Edited)
This is great news Howard.

I've been watching this thread from the sidelines, as you received some great advice. What amazing support this online community offers!

I've experienced job loss myself and I know the pressure and upset it can cause. I'm so happy to hear you're moving forward and starting fresh in a new job. Good for you!