Men's Clothing Forums banner
121 - 140 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
Tie
19,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Every year or two pre-COVID but generally blew through Portland headed to Dundee and Otter Crest. Austin is very different, too, growing like crazy.

Howard, how's Bayside these days? I used to live next door in Manhasset and it was pretty sleepy.
Bayside has been pretty quiet as of late, since the pandemic started I haven't seen much activity in my neighborhood.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
My first job, I was paid in cash, placed in a "payroll" envelope, with various deduction categories. I doubt there would be "funny business" with an employer that has dozens of employees, but I was very skeptical when there were only 3 or 4 us, trusting our employer to properly submit withholdings, etc. He did turn out to be a good guy, and I learned a lot from him (Landscaping) during the college years I worked for him.

·
Registered
Tie
19,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Tomorrow, marks 4 months at King Kullen, I'm learning new things every day but one thing I hate doing now is the glass bins which can be very heavy, I'm really not that strong and the glass bins are very sharp if you don't know what you're doing, you could accidentally stub yourself by accident with a small shard of glass.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Tomorrow, marks 4 months at King Kullen, I'm learning new things every day but one thing I hate doing now is the glass bins which can be very heavy, I'm really not that strong and the glass bins are very sharp if you don't know what you're doing, you could accidentally stub yourself by accident with a small shard of glass.
Howard, there are "cut resistant" gloves, to be had, for fairly low cost. I have a pair that I use for wood carving, very thin, and cost around $15.00 (Amazon). I believe Lowes or Home Depot would have something suitable.

In any case, wear some sort of work gloves.

T

·
Registered
Tie
19,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Howard, there are "cut resistant" gloves, to be had, for fairly low cost. I have a pair that I use for wood carving, very thin, and cost around $15.00 (Amazon). I believe Lowes or Home Depot would have something suitable.

In any case, wear some sort of work gloves.

T
That's what I've been wearing a lot when doing the glass bins.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
36,805 Posts
I don't really care if I have to push carts for the next 15 or so years, I don't mind doing this, it keeps me busy and I'm making money plus creating an income again.
My friend, you as well as the rest of us can always take pride in a job well done. Thank you Howard, for the good work that you do! ;)

·
Registered
Tie
19,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
One of the cart attendants will be leaving for college soon and gave in his 2 week notice so after he leaves and is gone for good, most likely I'll be having his hours or just keep them the same, But other than that next week I celebrate 8 months. :)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
One of the cart attendants will be leaving for college soon and gave in his 2 week notice so after he leaves and is gone for good, most likely I'll be having his hours or just keep them the same, But other than that next week I celebrate 8 months. :)
Take and work as many hours per day as you can. My long deceased dad told me you make your living in your first eight hours and you make your money in the next eight.

121 - 140 of 152 Posts