Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you're right -- too short, maybe by 3/4 inch.

I like the overall look, though. Even the "elephant ears". I'm trying different models and brands. It's the most difficult item of apparel for me by far. Shirts and jackets were a breeze.

Different angle

· Banned
16,023 Posts
Just my personal preference, I'd like to see them pared down a bit.

· Registered
219 Posts
I'm gonna say it straight: They are definitely too short. They definitely have too much material. I doubt they are worth reworking. They are not flattering at all. I suggest you not wear them. Get something that fits. sorry.

· Registered
1,592 Posts
I like to wear my khakis shorter when I wear low vamp loafers, so I think they're fine. Also in the summer I roll them up a little bit and go sockless...as seen in PRL ads and his website.

If you're going to wear a different pair of shoes I would get them lengthened a little bit. I always have this problem of my khakis being a little too short. I need a 29(or 30) waist and 33 inseam and that size is just not out there. So I have to buy 30x32 and have them too short, or 32x34 and have to have the waist taken in...this is super frustrating. But I've found that Incotex makes great pants and they come unhemmed most, if not all, of the time. So now I pretty much only buy Incotex.

· Registered
3,914 Posts
No and Yes

· Registered
379 Posts
Yikes. I like wearing mine with a very slight break, but hovering above the shoe completely seems just too short to my eye.

Again, it is just my subjective eye, but I'm amazed at how high they sit on the hips. Were you to wear an OCBD with them, the pocket could sit closer to the belt than to your neck.

· Banned
16,023 Posts
They aren't that high nor are they sitting on the hips. They are where they should be: At the waist. "Waistband" wasn't a term invented in jest, after all. ;)

· Registered
3,554 Posts
not too short.

too baggy, and rise is too long i think.

needs some serious tapering in my opinion.

have you tried made-in-italy polo rl chinos or even jcrew essential chinos. they are more tapered than m2.

· Registered
4,101 Posts
not too short.

too baggy, and rise is too long i think.

needs some serious tapering in my opinion.

have you tried made-in-italy polo rl chinos or even jcrew essential chinos. they are more tapered than m2.
I think the hips are too full for tapering to prove successful. They'd need major surgery all over. But I agree that the length would work far better if they were much slimmer.

· Registered
1,731 Posts
They look about half an inch or so too short - suspended above your shoe looks awful. They have no discernible shape and are according hanging like bags from you. I would suggest that the rise is also much too great which does not help.

Before you ask I am sure that you will find other makes better suited so don't waste money getting these altered.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.