Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently discovered a fantastic tailor, and thought I'd share this with AAAC. Kent Loe opened Kent's Fashion House at 1596 Third Ave., between 89th -90th Sts. more or less a year ago. I recently purchased several suits and sportcoats at BB's "warehouse" sale and decided to give Kent a try for the alterations (having been burned in the past by the idiots at the now-defunct Bermini). I wear a 48R, but need a fair amount of alteration, some well beyond the normal nip-and-tuck. Well, I've got to tell you that Kent's expertise met and FAR exceeded my expectations. The suits all needed the sleeve buttons attached, which means either shortening the sleeve and attaching the buttons, or starting from the shoulder, then adding button-holes to create working buttons; the latter being beyond the ability of many "tailors". Not Kent. Superb workmanship. He also knows when, say, letting something out in one area creates the need to take a bit in somewhere else. Price? Not inexpensive. For the quality and workmanship, well worth it. The shop also promotes MTM suits, sportcoats & shirts, all of which I will eventually try. In the meantime, I would recommend Kent to AAAC, and would be interested in knowing if anyone else on the forums has had any experience with him yet?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.