Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
One strange story, one strange seeming newspaper. Maybe the smart thing to do is let the deer alone. The controversy could have some unintended consequences against the hunting community in general.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
If folks are that concerned, they should agree on a price with the landowner to trap the deer and transport it somewhere else. Otherwise, it is on his land and he has the right to take bids to hunt the animal.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I agree. If the animal activists are really upset, they'd pony up the money and buy the rights, and put it in a zoo or something.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Nothing quite like reading the comments from idiotic anti-hunters. "OMG how can you shoot bambi" over and over, while apparently oblivious to the dozens or even hundreds of animals that are killed every year to produce the food they eat and the products they enjoy.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe the smart thing to do is let the deer alone. The controversy could have some unintended consequences against the hunting community in general.
I think this is a very rational point of view Ken, bagging one very odd deer amongst thousands of spares might create a bigger thing than just the bald, though indisputable, legal right to shoot it.

I do wonder though if the people who see it as Bambi's long lost cousin have ever been hungry.

F.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Some of God's creatures are so beautiful they just have to be shot.

The thing looks like a stuffed animal! I don't have a problem with hunters at all. I like a steak as much as the next guy. But do we have to kill the stuffed animal deer? It has to be just as much fun to kill a regular deer.

I bet all of the other deer make fun of this one. Hasn't he suffered enough ridicule? Leave the freak alone!

·
Registered
464 Posts
I don't know what is so rare about it. I grew up near Argonne National Laboratory and there is a whole herd of white deer there. They were a gift from someone in Russia... Or so the story goes from the PR people at the Atomic Energy Research Facility! :icon_pale:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.