Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was just browsing through the archived RTW shoe thread and spotted some images of John Lobb shoes. They are unbelievably beautiful. There is no way at present that I will pay $1000 for a pair of shoes, but suddenly I'm very interested to know exactly how much these beauties go for.

https://www.johnlobb.com/us/#/Ready-To-Wear/richelieu/classique/city2

The designs that really got my attention were the simple classic ones--City II (classic line) and Garnier II (prestige line). Roughly how much do these cost?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Also, if you want a pair of something like Jermyn II, which isn't produced any more, it is an extra 20% on top of the regular price for that line, so about $1800 - IF they decide to make it for you. Some other models they won't bring out of "retirement" it seems.

Yes, I have a pair of Jermyn II's in Bracken Misty (a new color for Spring '09) on order, pictures on their arrival. :aportnoy:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Most of the John Lobb's that I have cost over $1,300. Their RTW are generally the most expensive shoes in England. However, you should try G.J.Cleverley or Edward Green. Cleverley have a huge selection of RTW shoes in their London store (Old Bond St) and they start at around $700. Their semi-bespoke range starts at around $1,000 but are amazing! The quality in my opinion is just as good and last the test of time.

www.gjcleverley.com

www.edwardgreen.com

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Well Classic Line is around $1000.00 Prestigue aroud $1500.00 and if you want real John Lobb it is around $4500.00.
Good grief, I have only had two automobiles that I paid more than $4,500 for. Of course, we have had a lot of inflation since I have bought most of my cars.

Opps, that should be three - I forgot one vintage car that I had that spent it's time in the garage.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Of course, we have had a lot of inflation since I have bought most of my cars.
Forget inflation; what kills me is the exchange rate. Dollar-to-won rate has risen by 50% since two months ago. With the money it'll cost me to buy Classic JL now I could have bought a Prestige pair in August.

I have an unpaid-for Daines & Hathaway baggage being made at the moment. In a couple of weeks I'll be asked to pay up and I'm afraid barring a spectacular down shift in the currency rate I'll end up paying $500 more than I had planned to... Maybe it really is time to rob a bank.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.