Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^
A great start to the months discoveries, but should the first/top button on that sport coat be buttoned?
It's more of a winter than fall jacket, actually. Heavier-gauge wool like the LLB insulated sport coats, but without the added Thinsulate. Might be a bit much to expect a 3/2 roll on this. Too bad I have to wait to enjoy it.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hit the AE mother load last night... All in my size, all barely worn (no creasing, soles look like new):
Strand in walnut
Strawfut in brown/cream
Saddle shoes (no model name, just #4958)
Delivered to my door: $350!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Tuckerz? Truckz? Oh wait...
Brown Footwear Product Dress shoe Fashion design
Brown Natural material Electric blue Fashion accessory Peach

I came across these on an auction site. The misspelled name brought to my mind a mass-produced, cheap manufacturer, but just looking at the shoes in the wide view, I knew that was not the case. After seeing the maker-stamp on the insole picture, I did some research and discovered I was right. I was the only bidder and was able to obtain the lot at the minimum bid.

I just answered the door and received my two pair of Nikolaus Tuckzek shoes with a shoe travel bag that holds six pairs of shoes. The left metal shoe tree with the black shoes is stamped "N. Tuczek", while the cedar trees in the suede shoes are labeled "Miller". There is also a pair of knit shoe bags labeled "Hartmann".

The shoes a bit too small for my size 10.5 feet, which is probably a good thing, as I'd be really tempted to wear the beautiful suede pair.

Not a bad find, I think.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
In my quest for a good fit and smokin' deal on a Gloverall Duffle, I did the unthinkable and picked up this women's (yeah, I said it) 512C in Navy for $46:

It's marked a size EUR 38, a GB size and a FR size, and all the way at the very bottom of the tag, a USA 10. That'll be snipped. Also, I'm planning on getting the wood/jute toggles from Gloverall and then just reversing the buttoning. Otherwise, it's identical in every detail to the men's version.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
FWIW, some UK mens' coats (like Barbour) button/zip on the "wrong" side. You might consider leaving it as-is.

Must be related to driving on the left. ;)

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In my quest for a good fit and smokin' deal on a Gloverall Duffle, I did the unthinkable and picked up this women's (yeah, I said it) 512C in Navy for $46:

It's marked a size EUR 38, a GB size and a FR size, and all the way at the very bottom of the tag, a USA 10. That'll be snipped. Also, I'm planning on getting the wood/jute toggles from Gloverall and then just reversing the buttoning. Otherwise, it's identical in every detail to the men's version.
Here I was being nervous about feeling some women's topsiders might not look that bad.

And no, it wasn't these:

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Contrary to what my initial post said, I really don't have any issues with buying women's sizes in unisex items. I've got a pair of Duluth branded Thorogood women's workboots that I bought from Sportsman's Guide for all of $30. I had to buy the biggest, widest size they had available, and wouldn't you know it, they fit perfectly and don't look too womanly, IMO:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Got 3 new items for some casual wear.

1) Ordered one of LE madras shirts, seen here. I've found their casual shirts are good for knocking around and weekend wear, although I'm still trying to determine which sizes fit best. They seem to vary depending on the shirt type and material.

2) Got some LL Bean Camp Mocs for same type weekend knock around wear. I have been struggling with something to wear with shorts that was casual/comfortable. Leather flip flops are too casual, and penny loafers were too dressy. Hopefully these can suffice though the Rancourt Pinch Pennies may be in my future.

3) Amish handcrafted classic bridle leather belt for use with chinos/shorts (photo unavailable).

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How is the fit on those? Comparable to their regular fit or is it more trim?
Don't confuse these with CANVAS. I always buy regular/traditional cut, and I've compared it to some S/S ones from the last three seasons. The cut seems to be the same in the chest, length, and P2P. That's despite the fact the last few S/S shirts I bought were from Sri Lanka while the L/S is Bangladeshi. Incidentally, I also have another I grew out of from 3 or 4 years ago from Bangladesh. I wonder why they shifted production back there.

Has anyone ordered the current S/S versions? Can you tell us where they're manufactured?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.