Men's Clothing Forums banner

Joseph Turner Cavalry Twill Trousers

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  EclecticSr. 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I have a pair of the houndstooth flannel. I had my tailor take the belt loops off and add side tabs.

Magnificent pair of pants: Just the right rise; single forward pleat; not too skinny or wide in the leg & an excellent weight. A very high recommendation.

#5 ·
I was ready to buy a pair of these. I decided to have one more go at Ebay, and on a whim I searched for a common spelling mistake. As luck would have it, I came across someone selling 2 pair of older model LL Bean "Calvary" twill trousers--one grey and one green (the green is what I was particularly looking for). They are practically new, in my exact size, and I got them for a song. They are quite substantial and I expect they will outlive me. So my quest for cavalry twills is over. Now it is on to corduroys....

#6 ·
I had a pair of grey LLBs, the "Town & Field" model I think, that inexplicably shrank in the closet. Great warm, tough trousers, but Bean doesn't ship with ANY extra material to let out.

I, too, got a Joseph Turner catalog, and am going to try a pair of the twills, and maybe some moleskins.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.