Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone who had a Jos A Bank Joseph suit or blazer/sportcoat could take a measurement of the jacket for me. I'm looking to buy a 40 or 39R and I'm curious how big the chest and shoulder dimensions are. Thank you.
-Grad

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hope I'm not too late but the measurements on my 40R Joseph are as follows:

Shoulder seam to shoulder seam across top: 18.5"
Chest from armpit to armpit: 22"
Sleeve length from shoulder seam to cuff: 25"

These measurements are true because I never got around to bringing it to the tailor.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I don't know about you. I wear a 39R (although I wish I was a 40 so I could get the long) in the signature. I had the opportunity to try a 39R Joseph suit on this weekend and it fit.

Therefore I would say it is a safe bet that if you are a 39R in the signature, you are a 39R in the Joseph. The higher armholes are quite nice though.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
No true about the Joseph and Signature from JAB....

Last year, the JAB expanded the measurements of it's Joseph suits. I used to take a 42 L in the Joseph ( I have a half dozen) and a 42L in the Signature. I don't wear Signatures any more, but I ordered a new Joseph in 42L, and it was too big in the shoulders. I had to return it for a 41L.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Last year, the JAB expanded the measurements of it's Joseph suits. I used to take a 42 L in the Joseph ( I have a half dozen) and a 42L in the Signature. I don't wear Signatures any more, but I ordered a new Joseph in 42L, and it was too big in the shoulders. I had to return it for a 41L.
I just tried on a Joseph sportcoat a week ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.