Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
The label isn't owned by Abboud anymore. The quality is okay, I would equate toward the upper end of department store (Macy's, etc...) label merchandise. All fused, armholes generous, no particularly impressive details, but usually the fabrics are okay.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Abboud suits are not the top in quality but their nicer lines are decent. Generally I'd put the quality at or slightly above the Jos Bank Signature line. It definitely depends on which line you're buying from. The "Joe by Joseph Abboud" line is not good at all.

That said, I own a great 120s wool Abboud suit that I purchased for a good discount at Century 21 in NYC. From a fit/style perspective it's excellent. Side vents, a subtle pick stitch on the lapels, and natural shoulders that fit my wider sloping shoulders nicely. I would not have bought the suit for full price, for full price you can find several other higher quality suits on sale (like Hickey-Freeman or Hart Schaffner Marx) or possibly do a MTM suit.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
as noted above, abboud no longer owns the rights to his name and has nothing to do with the apparel that bears such name. the collection is mediocre at best. it is nothing like the stuff from the late 80's and early 90's. abboud, himself, did start a new label with relatively nice offerings called jaz i believe. similar things happened to bert pullitzer and then his sons with xmi. they slapped their names on so much with so little quality control.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.