Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Joseph Abboud originally separated from Ralph Lauren, similar to how Tom Ford separated from Gucci but on a much less expensive much more American platform. As previously noted, what is produced under his name has no ties to him that I know of, and is very American in cut and fabric. The construction is decent for the price, as his suits can often be found on sale for under $500, if you like the fabric and the cut, or know a good tailor.

·
Registered
165 Posts
As mentioned, Joseph (the man not the label) is the head designer for L&T's house brand called Black Brown 1826. In my opinion, the overall line is very nice. You could say it's classics with a twist. My wife likes what I purchased in this line quite a bit. She even purchased a few things for me. Certain items, however, are not to my liking--a particular casual jacket comes to mind. I, however, am a fan of Joseph Abboud. Have been for a long time.

I no longer purchase Joseph Abboud labeled products as protest that they stole the man's name.

Keep up the good work Joe.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Havent heard the name in a long time until I stumbled across a nice Joseph Abboud double breasted pea coat, which I immediately purchased.
I bought two pair of Abboud chinos several years ago at Saks. One started coming undone on the side seams almost immediately, and the other was a shade of beige that turned out to be way too yellow to match anything.

I returned them. The department manager told me that the side seams were coming undone because I was wearing pants that were too tight, and perhaps I should ask for assistance next time I buy them.

The irony is that he initially didn't want to take them back because they'd been hemmed. Wouldn't the tailor have noticed if they were so tight that I was going to bust the seams?

Fortunately, this idiot is no longer with the company. :)

I bought some Abboud shirts a long time later that I actually enjoy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.