Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
My advise, because I work there: I have noticed this year that the overcoats have been running large. I would recommend going down a size from your suit size. For instance, if you are a 42, get a 40.

The three-quarter length will hit about mid-thigh.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My advise, because I work there: I have noticed this year that the overcoats have been running large. I would recommend going down a size from your suit size. For instance, if you are a 42, get a 40.

The three-quarter length will hit about mid-thigh.
Thanks. I did actually go and try one on today. It seems like a very simple and nice coat.

I am still not sure what length I like. Is one more formal or Casual. Could either be worn with jeans?

Also, the store had them for $197. I guess they went up in price.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Thanks. I did actually go and try one on today. It seems like a very simple and nice coat.

I am still not sure what length I like. Is one more formal or Casual. Could either be worn with jeans?

Also, the store had them for $197. I guess they went up in price.
A full length is more formal - a 3/4 you could wear with jeans. I wouldn't with a full length.

I would also, just go back to the store and tell them that you saw them at a certain price. If you have the email at that price you might want to print it out, and just say that you couldn't make it in that day, but you would appreciate it if they could match that price. They should. If the salesman says no, ask the manager.

·
Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
I'm looking for an overcoat but I'm not sure how long it should be. Should it come mid calf or to the knee or what?
Given the traditional nature of this forum, most here will probably say mid calf while the more contemporary look is just above the knee. Personally I prefer the shorter length because it is more versatile in that I think it looks better than the long coat when worn with more casual clothing; however, this is a matter of personal choice. I just had my only long coat (trench coats excluded) shortened to above the knee similar to this Chesterfield:

https://img390.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan0005ih1.gif

Cruiser

·
Registered
172 Posts
Colors: Grey, Charcoal, Navy, Camel

Length: 3/4 - more versatile, and can easily be worn with jeans. I do.

Sizing: Go down a full size (or two). Most JAB outerwear is only offered in even sizes, so for example, drop from suit size 44 to overcoat size 42.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.