Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

As a shoe fan, I have a lot of different pairs and wear them and take care of them with all attention needed.

Unfortunately, on pair of Mocs from JM Weston completly fall apart after only 50 wearing days.

The leather is completly dry ans cracks with a huge tear.

And Weston doesn't care...

has somebody had the same problem around here ?

Any suggestion ?

Thank you
Best regards

· Premium Member
27,866 Posts
Dear All,

As a shoe fan, I have a lot of different pairs and wear them and take care of them with all attention needed.

Unfortunately, on pair of Mocs from JM Weston completly fall apart after only 50 wearing days.

Any suggestion ?

Thank you
Best regards
I've only ever purchased one pair of JM Weston shoes. That was over 30 years ago. They are one of the most carefully made and sturdy shoes I've ever owned. Truly superb materials and construction.

Very surprised by your experience, and sorry to learn of it.

· Registered
14,999 Posts
Dear All,

Any suggestion ?

Thank you
Best regards
Could you please expand on this? 50 days from purchase? When you say "Weston doesn't care", could you please give us a bit more detail?

· Registered
177 Posts
It's understandable that you are unhappy that your shoes haven't worn well although 50 wears is not an inconsequential amount of wear. Photos would be useful.
If they were on long city treks on a leather soled shoe, especially in bad weather I agree.

However, 50 wears on a properly rotated dress shoe in an office environment is completely irrelevant. I have cracked over 1,000 wears on certain pairs of lowly allen edmonds from a decade+ ago.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately, It's only 50 wears over 3.5 years in an office and dry walkways environnement...

The leather is cracked where the shoe bends.
I will post pictures as soon as the pair is coming back from the factory.

I have 20+ pairs of shoes and I wear one pair once or twice a month, maximum, and never ever two days in a row.

The worst thing is Weston is not able to say what did I do wrong with this pair.

I do agree, Weston shoes used to be very stong and service was very good. That's why I bought 6 pairs to them during last 20 years.

It's not like this anymore...

Shoes are only more and more expensive... Sad, but true.

· Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,122 Posts
In this present instance, it is a mistake to focus on 50 wears of the shoes. More importantly, JM Weston
s response is based on your three and a half year ownership of the shoes and it is completely understandable. Under what conditions were your shoes stored? I have had the leather on boots, stored in an unheated and un-air conditioned garage, dry out and crack badly on me. Those losses are on me! :icon_scratch: :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.