Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,396 Posts
They are very well made shoes. I have the double soled split toe derby in chocolate brown. They are a bit on the heavier side. If you like the styles you won't be disappointed with the quality or workmanship. More of a French/traditional style.

· Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
I have a reverse calf brown monk strap purchased many years ago, shortly after they opened their Manhattan store. They are a very well made and comfortable shoe with a handsome last and a closely trimmed sole and heel. The sole seems to wear very well. I'd prefer suede with a shorter nap and lighter and richer color, but they can't really be faulted for that since I am the one who decided to purchase them.

· Registered
16 Posts
I would second that opinion
Feel bad about reviving this old thread, but, I feel strongly about the topic.

I also hate to admit it, but there is a good reason these shoes are not so well known in USA or even in UK and other English speaking countries, their attitude, from the top of their company to the bottom, really really sucks.

They might know how to manufacture a good shoe, but they have absolutely no idea how to market their product or even how to show some of the most basic courtesy expected by any customer.

I was given a pair of model 423 a few years ago and learnt to appreciate the value of their fine shoes, but then, try as I might, I could not get either the London store nor the New York store to give me the time of day to buy other shoes i was interested in.

Today I am happy with my G&G and Lobbs thanks, and it is great to know I can alwasy go to Vass or St Crispins if things go sour, but JM Weston lost me as a customer for life.

· Registered
4 Posts
Unfortunately, I would say NO, not anymore...

They used to, but now, they just don't care.

They are more and more expensive and the service is worst and worst. I have 4 pairs of them and had quality problems with three pairs already. I have to mention, I have 20+ pairs of good quality shoes (Vass, C&J, Carmina, Berluti...)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.