Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was recently in London and took a delightful walk down Jermyn Street. The stress of the economic times was apparent in the many "sale" signs and the eagerness of the sales staff in most stores. New & Lingwood is a pleasure, as always. Hilditch & Key, I'm sorry to say, was a disaster. The larger store was in disarray, and the staff there were entirely unhelpful and dour. The smaller store off the arcade was much better staffed, and the staff were more helpful, though the disarray persisted.

Cleverley, a few blocks over, remains as charming as ever, and their ready-made shoes are very nice and reasonable (at least as compared to the hand-made!). Crocket and Jones also has a great selection of shoes these days, including a modern toe that is very attractive.

Hope everyone enjoys the holidays!

·
Registered
478 Posts
I was there two weeks ago. Pink, Lewin, H&H, Hawes & Curtis, and Charles Tyrwhitt, as always, were having sales. None at EG, C&J, T&A, N&L, H&K, Tricker's. Foster's had a sign up saying that it was matching the new 2.5% VAT reduction with an extra 2.5% off, for a total of 5% off. Church's had 4-5 models of shoes, in several colours, reduced from 280-290 pounds to 145. Clearly, that was the best buy on the street.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I will be in London from Boxing Day until January 1. I hear a lot of stores are starting their January sales early. Anyone on Jermyn Street starting their sales early?
Most of the stores have a sale on at the moment and will be, during your stay in London. Too be honest, most of the stores have had the sales on since the summer on certain stock; however, there will be more stock on sale from Boxing day onwards.

Hello,

Hilditch & Key, I'm sorry to say, was a disaster. The larger store was in disarray, and the staff there were entirely unhelpful and dour.
Unfortunately, the store has been like this for sometime now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.