Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,297 Posts
Actually I like my chinos to look broken in and a little not put together. Chinos are casual wear. For business casual or an occasion requiring a more put together look I go with wool slacks or cords.

· Registered
165 Posts
I really like the broken-in chinos. They are super comfortable and fit the bill for weekends playing in the backyard with the kids and then heading out when the need occurs. I like the look and feel of them. I am not a big jeans guy. I love these pants for weekends.

· Registered
1,387 Posts
Is there a rational argument for buying new, broken-in anything?
Actually I like my chinos to look broken in and a little not put together. Chinos are casual wear. For business casual or an occasion requiring a more put together look I go with wool slacks or cords.
I agree that chinos are generally best left out of the office. But there are exceptions to this. In those cases, you want the chinos to be as "clean" as possible, and preferably more crisp than broken in. For this reason I echo Mr. Loblaw's comment above: chino's get broken in on their own easily enough - might as well leave them virgin for a couple of months so that you can wear them with a jacket, OCBD and tie to the office if you're so inclined.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.