Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lurking over on the Fedora Lounge and came across a thread about creased suit sleeves.Oddly enough,I like the look,and asked my dry cleaner to crease the sleeves on one of my sport jackets.Anyway,after the lady at the cleaners stared at me for a moment and muttered something in Korean,she begrudgingly agreed.Well,it came out well and I think that I may start having my sport jacket sleeves creased more often (I'll leave suit sleeves uncreased).Has anyone here ever had their jacket sleeves creased?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Seems like a novel idea... do you have any pictures? I'd imagine it'd look rather rakish in the right setting. Which sportcoats, by the way? It seems like this would look good on a khaki linen jacket, but odd on a corduroy sportcoat.

·
Banned
16,023 Posts
I have an old full dress coat that has creased sleeves. I think it was especially prevalent in the '20s.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I was lurking over on the Fedora Lounge and came across a thread about creased suit sleeves.Oddly enough,I like the look,and asked my dry cleaner to crease the sleeves on one of my sport jackets.Anyway,after the lady at the cleaners stared at me for a moment and muttered something in Korean,she begrudgingly agreed.Well,it came out well and I think that I may start having my sport jacket sleeves creased more often (I'll leave suit sleeves uncreased).Has anyone here ever had their jacket sleeves creased?
No but I have always fancied the idea being an uptight tailor with slightly military and Modernist leanings.

I like it Prince Charles does it I think it may be a Royal Navy thing.

Have you any photos?

·
Banned
16,023 Posts
In the 40's & 50's sleeves were pressed. In fact you had to ask not to have it done.
Interesting. I haven't seen it in a whole lot of pictures from then.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
In the mid-50s I had it done to a sport coat. When I got home and noticed it, I took the garment back to the dry cleaners and had it pressed properly.

It might have been in vogue during the 20's and I differ to Jovan on that as he knows more about that period than I do, but it was not common during the 50's. At least it was not where I lived, in some other area it might have been.

I don't think it is a good look and you might want to rethink doing this to your sport jackets, but if you like the look go ahead.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.