1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals,

I saw one of the many Joseph A. Bank sales included this poplin suit for $119:

https://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Product_11001_10050_371688

Having never purchased from JAB before, does anyone have any experience with their summer suits? Reviews on the site look pretty good.

For what it's worth, I'm 25, 5'10", and usually wear a fairly-heavily-taken-in 38r (38" chest, 30" waist). I live in the northeast, and do not need to wear suits for work or anything other than personal preference. I also have most of my 'essential' suits covered . . . two grays, navy, navy cotton, beige linen, and various sport coats/blazers. So I'm really just looking for something smart-casual that I could wear in 85+ weather.

Anyone have any insight? I'm not expecting earth-shattering, but don't want to throw money away.

Thanks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
When I used to have to wear suits everyday, I used to get JAB poplin and seersucker - when they were on sale- and simply store them till the next season. I usually wouldn't get much more than two seasons, if that, out of the poplin suits, but they are great on hot, sticky summer days. I think you can hold out - and get them at quite a bit off that price - and then next year they are already in your inventory.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went to the nearest JAB store to check the suits out in person. The store only had them in one color (some variant of tan/khaki) and nothing smaller than a 42. No idea how one fits, but the material looked/felt kinda . . . eh . . . The salesman immediately tried to sell me on a $600 fully lined wool (in charcoal), 'cause that's what he wore in the summer. I discreetly eyed his suit and headed for the door.

Not saying I will never try JAB again, but in this particular case even this cash-strapped guy walked away.

·
Registered
434 Posts
That's not bad, but you can get them for $99 sometimes, which is when I grabbed two (navy and khaki-colored) last summer. I don't wear them for anything important, but they're nice to have for really warm days or summer weddings because you won't feel bad if they get a little trashed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.