Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do JAB Gabs compare with others, such as Brooks Brothers? I know they have more than one "grade"...but would appreciate any comments as they have a 40% off sale in progress (of course, they always have a sale in progress)...but a friend is interested because they offer a short rise version.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
How do JAB Gabs compare with others, such as Brooks Brothers? I know they have more than one "grade"...but would appreciate any comments as they have a 40% off sale in progress (of course, they always have a sale in progress)...but a friend is interested because they offer a short rise version.
Standard Disclaimer: JAB always has a sale.

JAB Siggy's are decent. I wore them for a long time, but they do not compare to the Brooks at $80.

Between the F&F, the Brooks Buy, & the AAAC Corporate Discount Card, I can't remember which discounts applied, but I got two more pair of these in the last go'round:

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCa...rchant_Id=1&Section_Id=570&Product_Id=1028772

SUBTOTAL:$160.64 SHIPPING & HANDLING:$12.95 SALES TAX:$11.28 TOTAL:$184.87

Since I bought Brooks I haven't worn the JABs one time. I think they are in the pile for the AmVets. I have two pairs of tan that still have tags. I have four pairs of the Brooks acquired since April 2008 and they are fantastic (two tans, one light tan, and one gray!) I like pleats and cuffs, YMMV.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
I ordered and returned a pair of their Signature line gabs perhaps 4 years ago. The fabric was so light and fine as to resemble tissue paper. Might be good for hot weather, but not what I was looking for.

In the past, their lower priced line actually offered some decent quality. It tended to be fuller cut than their Signature line. Most likely doesn't compare favorably to Brooks, but might be acceptable if your friend needs a short rise, and they are probably a moderate value at 60% of alleged list.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.