Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed they dropped the price of the blackwatch, red Stewart & black velvet DJ to $59.25, I missed out last year so I just might have to pull the trigger this time around. For those that have them, how does the sizing run? Their 44L suits fit me fairly well right off the rack, am I safe w/ the same size in the DJ?

Brian

·
Registered
127 Posts
I saw these, too. Seemed interesting, but I was wondering about their quality and how much use I'd get out of them. Would something like blackwatch or the velvet one only be appropriate for dinners at home?

Thanks,
Griff

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I just noticed they dropped the price of the blackwatch, red Stewart & black velvet DJ to $59.25, I missed out last year so I just might have to pull the trigger this time around. For those that have them, how does the sizing run? Their 44L suits fit me fairly well right off the rack, am I safe w/ the same size in the DJ?

Brian
That is probably safe. I tried on a 40L in the velvet one (I'm normally a 39R) and it seemed to fit me well. It could have been an altered jacket though.

Also, if I'm not mistaken on a velvet jacket, you can't have the sleeves lengthened due to it showing.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
They are all notch lapel. If one had the hankering for a one-button odd jacket for, say, Christmas, that would almost do it...maybe... except for the satin lapels...

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Notch lapels and all, I bought a JAB Black Watch DJ a year ago and wore it to a friend's annual Christmas party. It was so cheap I couldn't resist. I got compliments.

The quality is passable. But, really? How many times are you going to wear it anyway? For $60, wear that bad boy once and it's paid for itself IMHO.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Notch lapels and all, I bought a JAB Black Watch DJ a year ago and wore it to a friend's annual Christmas party. It was so cheap I couldn't resist. I got compliments.

The quality is passable. But, really? How many times are you going to wear it anyway? For $60, wear that bad boy once and it's paid for itself IMHO.
That's where I'm at, I'd wear it for fun at friend's parties around the holidays and none of them would know the difference between good & bad construction, they'd just get a kick out of me in a velvet "tux" jacket.

Brian

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
That's where I'm at, I'd wear it for fun at friend's parties around the holidays and none of them would know the difference between good & bad construction, they'd just get a kick out of me in a velvet "tux" jacket.

Brian
Get it and have fun. In my case, it was a black tie party...it was nice to stand out in a sea of sameness. I do the same thing in the summer when I wear my white shawl collar DJ.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.