Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I went to my local JAB to buy my first pair of Allen Edmonds and got a pleasant surprise. My corporate membership (free) got me 20% of the regular price. I didn't think the discount applied to shoes, but the manager assured me that it did and always had applied but some clerks were ignorant of the correct policy.

Well the discount made my $225 dollar pair of shoes only $180. I couldn't find a cheaper price readily available on any website. I also noted that JAB has them for the same price as the Alen Edmonds website.

I know some people out there don't like JAB, but at least in the Allen Edmonds department it seems to be quite a regular value.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I usually shop JAB for my shoe trees and the occasional tie. However, tonight I stopped by their local shop and picked-up 2 of their Executive Collection sport coats on sale, one for $89.00 and one for $158.00. I was pleasantly surprised. I will have to check out their AE collection, especially if I can get 20% off with my corporate card. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I've posted this "pearl" about JAB and Allen Edmonds before, and no one replied. I had mentioned that although I'm not sure if I've actually ever purchased any clothing at JAB, if you have a corporate account, you can get a 20% discount on any AE shoe.

However, there are a few "tricks". First of all, almost anyone with a job can get a corporate account. Second, not all of the employees know about the 20% AE discount, so you may have to ask for a manager. Third, it is NOT limited to JAB stock. You can order any shoe from the AE catalog, which is another fact that most JAB employees do not know. The discount applies to any AE shoe in the catalog. They will simply order the shoe for you.

It's the best feature of JAB, since no one else consistently discounts AE.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Basically, if you are breathing and have a job you can open a "corporate card"! If you work for a business, own a business, etc., you can get a card. There is no real "personal" information such as income, banks, etc. It simply asks home information, business address, type of business and contact information. Nothing regarding credit, income, etc., because it is a courtesy card, not a credit card. It simply offers discounts and isn't used for payment.

It is issued on the spot without a waiting process. It's very informal and it's simply something that's handed out when asked for and the paper process is almost just a formality.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
What needs to be done to get a corp card? Is that a credit card that needs to be opened?
It is not a credit card. Think of it as a Sam's Club membership card without a fee.

Basically, if you are breathing and have a job you can open a "corporate card"! If you work for a business, own a business, etc., you can get a card. There is no real "personal" information such as income, banks, etc. It simply asks home information, business address, type of business and contact information. Nothing regarding credit, income, etc., because it is a courtesy card, not a credit card. It simply offers discounts and isn't used for payment.

It is issued on the spot without a waiting process. It's very informal and it's simply something that's handed out when asked for and the paper process is almost just a formality.
Even if you don't have a job.. you can get one. A lot of Universities are signed up, if you AAA insurance, etc. If you have no associations to any corporation or body of people, they'll probably be willing to make something up for you.

At my first JAB purchase as a grown up individual, haha, the sales lady asked where I worked so I replied and she handed me a card. No explanation or anything so I have never really found out what its good for.
Unfortunate. I always explain it to people.

On a side note, if any of you want to order Allen Edmonds ever, just PM me, and I can get you 20% off the price on JAB's website which for the Park Avenue's is $325 (the same price as the AE website). Plus, it would help me out. :icon_smile:

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just did an extensive search for park aves at the best price I could find. I was about to settle on the JAB 20% off deal, but I needed to find a pair to try on, and they had none in stock.

I have found a better offer than 20% off on firsts from a local store. The owner seems motivated to sell, I would be happy to post some information in the sales forum if people were interested.

Jack

Not related to shoes, but i thought o would note that 'today' Banks is having super double bonus clearance prices. This means the sig gold suits are 199. That is great value.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you order AE (or ANY shoes for that matter) from Shoebuy.com TODAY, you can get 32.5%-42.5% off.

25% off for everyone today using code EMLPRIVATE08
7.5 % off for registering on their website.
That's already 32.5% off with free shipping.
But you can get upto 10% using Fatwallet referral, or in my case 9% off using my Chase mastercard reward shopping.

This is what it looks like BEFORE the fatwallet or reward shopping discount.

And no, I didn't go ahead with that order. But I did get something else more in my budget ;)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Wow, quite a discount if you order today.

I will pass this information on to him and see what he is willing to do. It should beat most of the regular discounts easily.

The fatwallet cash back is interesting but I am not sure I want to deal with that, and have another body tracking my spending...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks for the posts on shoebuy.com. I think the 25% coupon expired, but I found a 20% off one that is good through 9/30/08 (EMLSUMCLEAR08), plus registering on the site for a new customer gets another 10% off. In the end, you don't get quite 30% off, because they take the 20% off first, then take 10% off the discounted price. I got a pair of AEs originally $250 for $180. (I didn't really look at the fatwallet referral deal.)

Shipping is free. Shipping for returns also appears to be free. Seems to be a pretty good deal, especially since I was looking for something specific, and my shoe size is a bit uncommon. (I haven't found much in my size on the AE ebay store.) I had been contemplating paying full price - here's proof that procrastination can be profitable! :icon_smile:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.