Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I have never bought a dress shirt from J. Press before, but my problem regardless is that i have a small frame. Standard shirts swallow me whole, so I always need to buy slim fit dress shirts. I know J. Press does not offer a slim fit, but i heard that they are not nearly as billowy as Brooks. Any truth to that? If so, how much trimmer? I want to buy their blue body, white club collar dress shirt and pin the collar. But, will it be to blousey?

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Press shirts are not nearly as billowy as traditional B2 shirts, so you should be just fine. I like the fit of Press shirts...not too big, not too small. Order your regular size and try it out. You can always return it, though I doubt you will.

·
Registered
970 Posts
How slim are you? If you are truly slim, Press shirts will still be roomy on you. Most OTR shirts are too baggy on me also, but I'm not truly slim (5'7" with a 34 waist). I find Press shirts to be the best fit for me personally off the rack. Just enough room to be comfortable (not skin tight) while not being too baggy.

What size neck are you?

I wear a 15 neck and find that my Press shirts have either a 44 or 43 inch chest depending on the shirt.

I don't size down half a size in the neck. I suppose that would make the shirt "slimmer" for you but it might be really uncomfortable with a tie.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
There's a huge variation in BB slim fit shirts.
Most of my (small collection, all thrifted or ebayed--15.5 neck) are around 20.5-21.5 inches in the chest, but I had one at about 23", and have one that's 20" exactly.
The 20" chest BB shirts are the slimmest OTR ones I've found (discounting the darted "stretch" cotton/lyrca blend shirts they sell at the mall).

·
Registered
970 Posts
Interesting. I should probably avoid the round collar then. Anything that sits more than a couple millimeters higher than the "normal" collars would probably come to close to my Adam's apple to be comfortable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.