Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
By the way, I should mention as a "PSA" that my visit to J. Press online was prompted by an e-mail that I received earlier regarding its "25% Off" Private Sale (promotion code PSNOV08).
I got that email too, would this mean that the "private" sale is going on in-store as well? I was thinking of heading down Madison for a Shaggy Dog at some point this weekend. I definitely won't be getting that tie though.

· Registered
2,512 Posts
My guess is it might be popular. It's the same design as the scarf made famous by "Gossip Girl". When the scarves sold out, maybe there was a rush of teeny-boppers buying the matching tie for their boyfriends.

NB: I have no clue what Gossip Girl is. But there was a thread about it some time ago, and the associated blog post.

JB

· Registered
2,865 Posts
My guess is it might be popular. It's the same design as the scarf made famous by "Gossip Girls". When the scarves sold out, maybe there was a rush of teeny-boppers buying the matching tie for their boyfriends.

NB: I have no clue what Gossip Girls is. But there was a thread about it some time ago, and the associated blog post.

JB
What I know about Gossip Girls:

It's a television show that pretty much takes Dynasty to the Upper East Side and makes all the characters half as old and twice as unbelievably attractive.

And for some reason the CBS Early Show loves having its stars on to talk about it.

· Registered
4,130 Posts
Um...I think it's "Gossip Girl" (singular).

That's all I know, and I'm a bit embarrassed that I even know that much. :icon_pale:

And, yes...that's one fugly tie.

· Registered
2,865 Posts
Um...I think it's "Gossip Girl" (singular).

That's all I know, and I'm a bit embarrassed that I even know that much. :icon_pale:
I once spent an evening on the smoking porch of a hotel listening to a group of people who were here for some sort of a television of movie shoot. One of them was talking about how she had a regular role in Cashmere Mafia, but she had a scheduling conflict, missed two weeks, and found the show cancelled out from under her.

This is far more than I knew about Gossip Girl before reading Wikipedia. :)

· Registered
192 Posts
Oh come on now! Gossip Girl is a very popular teen drama on the WB. The "bad boy" character (Chuck Bass) is loaded and well dressed - the discerning eye can catch him wearing Black Fleece, Paul Stuart, and of course the very popular polka dot patchwork silk scarf.

On a recent visit to the NYC Press I chatted with a salesman about the item. He mentioned that the scarf does sell well and there is even international (Finnish) interest. IMHO if this "teeny bopper" item brings revenue and attention that allows Press to continue making great clothing at resaonable prices...God bless!!

I often read on this forum "if George Clooney <or insert enviable pop icon> wore sacks, maybe they'd be more readily available". Maybe this is the first step to someting like this happening.

· Registered
1,130 Posts
By the way, I should mention as a "PSA" that my visit to J. Press online was prompted by an e-mail that I received earlier regarding its "25% Off" Private Sale (promotion code PSNOV08).
I've always gotten the emails, but I didn't receive this one.

· Registered
403 Posts
We had a whole discussion about this tie a month or so ago. Here it is in context:

As I said back then, the idea of a patchwork tie (maybe in a different pattern) is intriguing. That particular tie looks more like something that was worn on the old Partridge Family show than modern TV. But, if you can wear this and pull it off, I'd say your powers are almost limitless.

· Registered
996 Posts
fictional young rich Manhattanites love it!

...the very popular polka dot patchwork silk scarf.

On a recent visit to the NYC Press I chatted with a salesman about the item. He mentioned that the scarf does sell well and there is even international (Finnish) interest. IMHO if this "teeny bopper" item brings revenue and attention that allows Press to continue making great clothing at resaonable prices...God bless!!
+1
And Jeremy Darling was sporting the same scarf on the last episode of Dirty Sexy Money.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.