Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally posted this in the fashion forum and received no replies despite the usual lightning-quick Ask Andy service. Thought I'd try over here -- hope that's legit, mods.

I just noticed that J.Press offers a striped OCBD in olive and white online and my first reaction was, "Great! A new OCBD to add to the collection!" Then I found myself wondering how versatile and useful it would be -- how olive-y is this olive? (I never trust my screen and frankly my eyes have difficulty with olive/brownish colors.) Would it work with a tweedy brown glen-plaid jacket?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
I originally posted this in the fashion forum and received no replies despite the usual lightning-quick Ask Andy service. Thought I'd try over here -- hope that's legit, mods.

I just noticed that J.Press offers a striped OCBD in olive and white online and my first reaction was, "Great! A new OCBD to add to the collection!" Then I found myself wondering how versatile and useful it would be -- how olive-y is this olive? (I never trust my screen and frankly my eyes have difficulty with olive/brownish colors.) Would it work with a tweedy brown glen-plaid jacket?

Thanks!
Having seen neither the shirt or your jacket, I of couse can't say. Both brown and olive can be many different colors. But as a generality, if the scale and intensity of the stripe and glen-check are right, and the colors harmonize, it could be a handsome pairing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I checked out the shirt online.

I definitely think it would work well with the coat you described. Also a brown cord jacket, or even a grey/navy herringbone.

Other than that, I think that there would be limited applicability for the warmer months. But you seemed to recognize that by suggesting a tweed jacket.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I have that shirt and it's actually a pinpoint. It is a bit more limited than a blue or burgundy stripe, but I wear it sometimes. It's good just for mixing things up sometimes. Definitely a fall or winter item though.

Danny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.