Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently went to Prime Outlets Jeffersonville and had the option of either buying a navy "Legacy Blazer" from the J. Crew outlet store or a navy "346" blazer from the Brooks Brothers Factory Store. I purchased the latter. After reading some of the comments posted on here about "346", I'm beginning to regret my choice. I was told by the salespeople at the BB Factory Store that, if I needed to, I could return the blazer I bought there to my local BB retail store (a regular BB mall store) and get a store credit or refund. Should I do this? Did I choose wisely to get the 346 instead of the J. Crew Legacy? If I remember correctly, the J. Crew one was going for about $45-$50 less than the BB 346 one which cost me $150.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Buy whichever fits the best.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I doubt that merchandise labeled 346 would be sold as irregular as it is specifically made for the outlets. Beside, BB is quite good at labeling merchandise as irregular if it is irregular.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Neither jacket is better than the other. They are comparable as far as construction and material. As mentioned above, get the one that fits best and looks best on you. A good blazer can last you many years. You may want to step up to a better made jacket.

·
Registered
499 Posts
The 346 was made specifically for outlet use, but the j. crew may have been as well. Most of the stuff in outlets is not the irregulars and leftover stock that it used to be 10 - 15 years ago. Outlets have become just another retail outlet for these companies.

Don't let your opinion of the jacket be swayed by someones opinion here. For $150, if it fits, you got a good deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.