Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The first link doesn't work... but I've heard some really bad reviews of CT shoes, I'd definetely stay with the Loakes
Try this link.

Are these not as good as the loakes by looking at the description. They make it sound quite impressive.
The CT ones i havent worn yet and are still in the box. Ive ordered the loake ones, and awaiting delivery, so i cant compare them yet by looking at them closely together and comparing. Whatever you guys say will help me decide which one to get refunded. I dont need 2 pairs of chukkas. Too extravagent. I might not live long enough to wear even one pair out. But i will wear with jeans and a shirt, or polo shirt.

The link in the first post is fixed now as well, to make it easier viewing both boots for you to judge

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From what I can see the CT ones look a bit sleeker, if that i the case and workmanship and fit are equal I would go with them. Either one will do the job.
Do you think the CT look sleeker? I hadnt noticed that really. But your in favour of the CT ones. Thanks for your opinion
Cary Grant and Manuduenal seemed to favour the Loakes. Thanks for your replys. But i need more replys. Cary and Manuedas can you please reply again as well. The link is working now you see.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Do you think the CT look sleeker? I hadnt noticed that really. But your in favour of the CT ones. Thanks for your opinion
Cary Grant and Manuduenal seemed to favour the Loakes. Thanks for your replys. But i need more replys. Cary and Manuedas can you please reply again as well. The link is working now you see.
I know nothing about the workmanship or the overall quality of either. The CT did look sleeker in the picture, but it is a side view only. When you have them both in your hands, or on your feet you will know which you like best, which feel best. We can tell you what we think, you have to live with them.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Doesn't Loake source some of Tyrwhitt's shoes anyway?

Go with the fit. You can't change the workmanship you get at this price level, but the one that fits will give you pleasure and last longer than the one that doesn't.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Doesn't Loake source some of Tyrwhitt's shoes anyway?

Go with the fit. You can't change the workmanship you get at this price level, but the one that fits will give you pleasure and last longer than the one that doesn't.
You see my eyes are not that experienced to judge what is quality workmanship. I wouldnt really know what to look out for, or how to look out for it. But i can judge on comfortability i suppose so i will do that.
Its just that i thought more experiened shoes conosiers here would be able to tell a lot just by reading the description on the shoes.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
My self I would go for the Loake Kempton boots, but I guess it boils down to the question of workmanship and fit seeing as they come across the same in the photographs. Only way is to walk around the house for a bit in them see how they feel is there much difference in the coulour?
Either way they both look like very stylish.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
My self I would go for the Loake Kempton boots, but I guess it boils down to the question of workmanship and fit seeing as they come across the same in the photographs. Only way is to walk around the house for a bit in them see how they feel is there much difference in the coulour?
Either way they both look like very stylish.
Yes i liked the look of both of them. I have worn the CT ones in the house, but i dont want to damage them in case i return them. Which i think i might be doing in the next week or so. I am confident i will like the loakes more as well when they arrive. Theres something about the 1880 range that shouts class.
But still not totally sure yet.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
They are quite possibly the same shoe? Who makes CT shoes? But the CT is a G fit whereas the Loake comes in an F. A major consideration I would have thought.
WHere does it say it is a G fit in the CT Chukka? I actually just checked my pair, and it is a F fit. To be precise it is a 026/F size.
The CT leather is very smooth and blemish free, if i can describe the leather like that. The texture of the kempton by looking at the photograph, it seems more blemished to me and not as smooth. But maybe the picture of the loake isnt a true reflection of it.

But i havent got wide feet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's the same shoe, kids. The 026 is a Loake last. Here's what they look like after few years and a couple of resolings:

The difference in texture is that one is brown calf, whereas the other is grainy (embossed) calf. Both very decent shoes. Given the ankle grip, sizing width-wise in the toe can be a little less important in Chukka boots, so long as there's enough width.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
So ive basically bought 2 pairs of identical boots. I cant be having that im afraid. I will wait for my loakes and if it is more comfortable i think i will stick with the Loakes. Ive noticed the left CT boot is a little tight in the little toe area as well just now.
Gosh are your boots Loakes kemptons, Juniper? They look quite battered after only 2 years dont they?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.