Men's Clothing Forums banner
7461 - 7480 of 7497 Posts

· Registered
972 Posts
I been pondering a thought, when is it socially appropriate to wear tweed?

Labor Day traditionally been the marker for start of Fall in clothing, so does this include tweed?

If it is Labor Day, can tweed be worn the day before for attending church?

Hopefully folks don't take this too serious, I recently had the opportunity to go over to storage and brought back my tweeds, sadly a few I no longer fit due to PT strengthening my back (I rather have the significant pain reduction), and itching to wear one, especially since can get chilly in church.

· Moderator and Bon Vivant
28,127 Posts
My belief is that as soon as it's cool enough to be comfortable in tweed, it's time to put them on. I rather intend to wear some of mine to church tomorrow.

· Registered
972 Posts
My belief is that as soon as it's cool enough to be comfortable in tweed, it's time to put them on. I rather intend to wear some of mine to church tomorrow.
Comfortable outside or inside?

I did too, wore Opa's donegal as lighter color and somewhat lighter weight, looks lighter weight as dense and smoother finish. Daithi and I got over stimulated and I forgot a picture.

· Moderator and Bon Vivant
28,127 Posts
and today was 105. Keeping my white denim and seersucker out.
In heat like that I just stay inside in the AC.

· Registered
928 Posts
"My belief is that as soon as it's cool enough to be comfortable in tweed, it's time to put them on..."

I agree with Old Sarge's thoughts - sadly where I live it is almost never tweed season - I still have hopes and keep a couple in the closet...

7461 - 7480 of 7497 Posts