Men's Clothing Forums banner
7361 - 7380 of 7443 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
^
The above is a good look if you're fat and wanna look fatter. Vertical lines in plaid don't stay vertical when they follow the curves of a big belly. The vest buttons at the point the jacket probably should. The lapels could be shutters on your cabin and the colors resemble the Thanksgiving mashed recently found in the back of the fridge. The shot is too tight to give true meaning to its complete uglyness. We should have a thread for laughable tweeds.

Because I like bold plaids, but not of bed spread dimensions, below is something that includes taste as well as fit.

Outerwear Product Textile Sleeve Orange

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
^
The above is a good look if you're fat and wanna look fatter. Vertical lines in plaid don't stay vertical when they follow the curves of a big belly. The vest buttons at the point the jacket probably should. The lapels could be shutters on your cabin and the colors resemble the Thanksgiving mashed recently found in the back of the fridge. The shot is too tight to give true meaning to its complete uglyness. We should have a thread for laughable tweeds.

Because I like bold plaids, but not of bed spread dimensions, below is something that includes taste as well as fit.

View attachment 85312
This is one lovely jacket. Where can I find one, Peaks? And who made it, pray?

·
Moderator and Bon Vivant
25,892 Posts
^
You posted that same pic last Friday. It hasn't changed, pretty standard stuff though guy looks better there than he did in that plaid mess a couple pics up. But he still loves the elephantine lapels.

Fresh pic, my kinda outfit...
View attachment 85328
Normally I don't favor three piece ensembles that cut you in half. I think the trousers and vest should match, not the coat and vest. That being said, this is one fine assembly. I'd wear it.

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
Tweed flat cap
I would like to have a cap like this. I suppose it would be called a flat cap even though it's not very flat which is what I like about it since most appear too small, like the ones a poster here regularly wears that look like a slice of pizza on his head. This one though, she has the loft. The fluff. The slouch. And you can carry stuff up in there...

Forehead Lip Chin Eyebrow Tie

Suit trousers Dress shirt Tie Flash photography Neck

Below, a couple that are okay, just okay, left one too small. Right one passable.

Glasses Vision care Goggles Sunglasses Cap

I need this one, on the right...but not for $150.

Head Helmet Font Personal protective equipment Cap

I bought a slouchy one on line last May. Still not enough room up attic. I tried to balloon it up by freeing it from the bill, but the indelible crease line shows. I will figure something out someday.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Tweed flat cap
I would like to have a cap like this. I suppose it would be called a flat cap even though it's not very flat which is what I like about it since most appear too small, like the ones a poster here regularly wears that look like a slice of pizza on his head. This one though, she has the loft. The fluff. The slouch. And you can carry stuff up in there...

View attachment 85429

View attachment 85430

Below, a couple that are okay, just okay, left one too small. Right one passable.

View attachment 85431

I need this one, on the right...but not for $150.

View attachment 85432

I bought a slouchy one on line last May. Still not enough room up attic. I tried to balloon it up by freeing it from the bill, but the indelible crease line shows, see...
View attachment 85433

I will figure something out someday.
True, your crease line does detract. I'm not too into "poofy" caps but I know what you mean about some flat caps looking too small on the head. I do have and enjoy the couple of flat caps I have, but 1 has to choose wisely as to what looks apt on one's noggin.

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
Don't particularly like the following, because of its butchering of a favorite style, but offer it for your consideration...

Dress shirt Neck Sleeve Gesture Grey

The peak lapel is unusual and negates the opportunity to button this sort of jacket high against inclemency. While a flap on a breast pocket can be hacked forward, looks off on a patch pocket. But props to the red headed guy for choosing a tie to match...

Hair Glasses Arm Goggles Vision care

7361 - 7380 of 7443 Posts