Men's Clothing Forums banner
7341 - 7360 of 7442 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,160 Posts
In fact, Peaks, last fall around the time of Halloween, I was at a cardiac rehab facility where they did indeed have a full skeleton (cranium to metatarsals, the works) set up with a Halloween-style outift. I rather liked it. I told them I could get them some grim reaping equipment for the skeleton (you know, the odd scythe, black robe, etc.).
In writing the caption for the above pic I toyed with, Hey, they dug up Annie Hall's corpse.

·
Registered
27,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,342 ·
I'd prefer a bit dressier polo, cashmere or wool, to cotton, but I've always liked polos with sport jackets, While when wearing polos casually I leave the top button undone, with jackets, I think it looks better buttoned.

Outerwear Shirt Tie Dress shirt Neck

·
Registered
27,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,344 ·
Tweed, Saxony or Cheviot? Handsome cloth irrespectively.

And well done generally. Fits OK, but another example of where a fashionable cut doesn't optimally flatter a particular physique.

I'd describe this gentleman's physique as substantial. Nothing to suggest he's fat, but neither is he a typical ectomorph. But the product of a combination of fashionable elements of cut and fit conspire to make his physique look poorer than it should.

Notably, if the gorge and button stance were a bit lower, the jacket a tad looser and 1/2 to 3/4 inch longer, it would make a world of difference in lengthening and slimming his physique.

Suit trousers Shirt Photograph Dress shirt Street fashion

·
Premium Member
6,160 Posts
I'd prefer a bit dressier polo, cashmere or wool, to cotton, but I've always liked polos with sport jackets.

View attachment 85168
Nice shoulders on the jacket. Roped, they seem to fit well.

0nce again though, the shot's too tight, giving only a half ass rendering of what the outfit's really like. If the polo is half sleeve, nothing will show at the cuff, so no, bad news. Nada on half sleeves under a jacket, especially under a hefty tweed. But we'll never know when the camera's only a foot away.

Below is something similar, also with a roped shoulder. The shot is very tight, but for a specific reason. This is me, and the shot is meant to show only the shoulders, square on. If you look closely you'll see white basting thread. This is a new shoulder, unpadded and roped. These photographs are process pics, taken for my use, so I can see what's what while work continues...

Brown Outerwear Neck Sleeve Woolen

The pic below shows both shoulders. At screen left is the untouched original. It was too wide, and uninteresting. This pic tells me I need slight padding in the new shoulder, whereas it looked okay in the single shot.

Brown Outerwear Wood Sleeve Textile

The jacket is double breasted. Photographs were taken in February and it was very cold inside. What's underneath is a high necked cable cotton cardigan, with leather shoulders.

·
Premium Member
6,160 Posts
...well done generally. Fits OK, but another example of where a fashionable cut doesn't optimally flatter a particular physique.
I think the fit is amazing.

... if the gorge and button stance were a bit lower, the jacket a tad looser and 1/2 to 3/4 inch longer, it would make a world of difference in lengthening and slimming his physique.
???
Maybe the gentleman doesn't buy into the idea that cuts and patterns can make you look taller, shorter, fatter, thinner and is happy with his physique just the way it is in which case he and I are kin. I think the gorge, the button position, the girth and length are pretty much perfect. But I don't mean to suggest that I am right and Flanderian is wrong, just that our preferences are on full display here.

(The gentleman shown bears a strong resemblance to Wilhelm II, the last Kaiser.)🇺🇦

View attachment 85173
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
27,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,350 ·
Was, of course, joking about needing more patterns. But I actually like the white collar with this ensemble. Once had a check tweed my tailor made for me, and thought it looked very nice with the right white collared shirt and right tie. I think the grass green stripe gives the shirt a more casual lean.

·
Moderator and Bon Vivant
25,822 Posts
7341 - 7360 of 7442 Posts