Registered
727 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Romualdo

Anyone familiar Romano Martegani shoes?

Trevor L. Furbay
Proprietor

ROMUALDO TAILORING CO.
www.romualdo.com
I have been very happy with a Martegani I had special ordered through Francos. The normal width is a bit snug on my slightly D+ foot, but the special order fit great.

I received the following shoe

In the following leather (sort of a Balmoral version of the shoe above)

I have also been very pleased with Borgioli. The following is an amazing shoe.

I think Francos gets these made for them by Borgioli at a very nice price point. The problem is they don't stock a large number and I missed out on two pair becuase I didn't order quickly enough (like within the first month they went on line)

I have been frustrated by the inability to track down top of the line Borgioli (check out the website)

Some of these rival the best looking Santoni but I have had no luck finding out how to buy them. Borgioli sent me to some New York vendors who carry shoes made for them by Borgioli, but not the beauties you see on their website.

In the internet age, it is remarkable how primitive marketing and distribution remains for top end shoes...maybe they just don't need the extra business?

Anyway, check out the Martegani and Borgioli with Ron Rider at Francos.

And Ron, if you read this, I am still pouting at the lost Borgiolis. Last time I give my wife a Christmas wish list with something I really want!

·
Registered
727 Posts
quote:Originally posted by rider

Thank you for the compliment!

I will inform you, though, that I no longer work for Franco's...I am the North American agent for Romano Martegani.

Wear our shoes in good health, and ask your favorite local retailer for Martegani shoes!

:D

www.rm1891.com
Sigh....I hope Franco's has been left in good hands...is there a contact there I should contact?

In addition, can you recommend any retailers/mail order that carry Martegani in addition to Franco's?

Good luck with the new job...I hope you revolutionize the delivery and accessibility of fine Italian shoes.

Finally, are the measurements of my custom order still on file with Franco's or Martegani? Can you arrange custom orders....ahhhh I have lost my shoe man!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.