Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I searched and couldn't find an answer...

Does Isaia use European sizing? i.e., if one wears a US 44, is the equivalent Isaia size a 46?

thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
If one wears a US 44, it should be a EU 54 or thereabouts...

Isaia runs a little tight in the shoulders on me... I usually wear a 42 (EU 52), but the Isaia needs to be let out on the back for me... Perhaps I need to size up?

·
Registered
780 Posts
I usually wear a 44R in Isaia (Euro 54). However, I tried on the latest
Base S model at my local Saks and found that it was tight across the
chest and shoulders and shorter than the Isaias which I have purchased
over the past 3 1/2 years, all 44 Rs. I have actually lost about 5 lbs
(2+ kilos) during this time. So, Isaia changed its cut, at least in this model.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm normally a US 44 or 46 depending on the cut/manufacturer. I tried on an Isaia sportcoat in a 46 (Base S model) and had the same experience - tight across the shoulders and chest

BTW, Neiman Marcus Last Call at Sawgrass Mills in Ft. Lauderdale is having a sale on sportcoats - 30% of the lowest price plus 20% off your total purchase. They had a pretty good selection of Isaia, Kiton, Brioni and Zegna sportcoats.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Remember that the -10 convention is incorrect. It is a % measurement conversion.

The 54 (r or L) is really a 42.6 (or is it 43.6). However it is not a 44. I wear a US 43L and wear the e54L well. I also find the Isaia to be cut a bit trim. So I would definitly try a e56r if you wear most us 44s.

Can you be more specific in what brands you wear a 44 in?

Perry

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Remember that the -10 convention is incorrect. It is a % measurement conversion.

The 54 (r or L) is really a 42.6 (or is it 43.6). However it is not a 44. I wear a US 43L and wear the e54L well. I also find the Isaia to be cut a bit trim. So I would definitly try a e56r if you wear most us 44s.

Can you be more specific in what brands you wear a 44 in?

Perry
In Corneliani (Vogue and Leader models) I wear a e56R which I believe is pretty much a US 44R. I also have Samuelsohns that are 44R and 46R. I wear a e58R in Canali.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I tend to find Corneliani cut a size bigger than Isaia. However I find Samuelsohn pretty spot on with sizing.

Since I wear a 54L and a 52L in Corneliani and a 42 or 43L in Samuelsohn I would try the e56 in Isaia.

Do buy your first from STP or someone that has a good return policy and you will have no risk. Or go to your local NM and try them on.

Perry

·
Registered
74 Posts
The jackets have indeed getting shorter every year. Omar Aboudi at Saks confirmed this for me. OTR used to fit me pretty well.. but now they are too short for me. I was told they aren't getting any shorter anymore going forward (at least as of a few weeks ago).

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
I was told they aren't getting any shorter anymore going forward (at least as of a few weeks ago).
Gee, whoever could have predicted that the fashion for child-sized jackets would eventually peter out? Could it possibly be that, as the trend loses momentum, manufacturers will even (temporarily) return to classic proportions (albiet probably on their way to zoot-suit excess at the other end of the spectrum)?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Isaia has always been (along with Kiton) one of the labels with extremely long cuts. I am a pretty accurate US made 42-43L and have been able to wear Kiton and Isaia in e54r with the Isaia being the longer of the two while I need e54L in most other labels.

So I presume they are simply coming back into line with their competition like Zegna where I have alwasy needed the e54L.

Perry

·
Registered
188 Posts
^^^^

I'm usually a 46L and most of my Isaia and my lone Kiton are EU58R. Have a brand new Isaia S model and confirm that the jacket is somewhat shorter than any of my older ones, though the shoulders and chest seem the same.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Same here - I am a very standard 42L (Zegna, Brioni, Canali, etc.) and consistently size up to a 44 in Isaia.

FWIW, I can barely get a 42 on, the shoulders are so tight.

As noted above, the lengths are all over the place. I have a pretty broad mix of models - Stewart, Base S, Sirio, Scott, Victor, etc. - and there may be as much as a 1.5" spread in lengths between them. I've even had to have a few shortened.

These days I tend to look for a 44R as it is the closest to an optimal fit. Shoulders tend to be about a consistent 20", but I have a pretty big drop and the soft shape (S models) make it work fine.

All that aside, Isaia is my favorite by far...

Hope this helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.